Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about purchasing the monster manual and other resources

So, I figure if you buy the monster manual you get access to all of the monsters which you can then add into any game. However, if I bought, storm kings thunder, or another adventure with "new monsters" can I pull them into any other new campaign I'm making? Is there a way to tell what each content is exactly giving me? Maybe it's not clear enough.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Content from purchased modules are in the game you created with that said module and not in your art library. You can character vault the monster sheets (just like characters) and import them into other games, you can use the transmogrifier, or use both to move anything and everything into an presently running game.
So I could pull NPCS from special campaigns across to homebrew?

Edited 1506335324
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Assuming you are the creator of both game you could very easily do so using the  Transmogrifier (due to your pro subscription status).
That's great to know. I had recently added all the monster from all of the books I own... However, some roll20 problem corrupted half of them... Might just make some purchases... Thanks guys.

Edited 1506383686
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Just a heads up. The monster manual and volvo guide and some of the other stuff like that actually unlock content in the compendium so you can drag and drop from the compendium also. I was just talking about game modules specifically earlier.
Pretty neat to know.. might make the purcahse actually worth it. 

Edited 1506357050
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
It Would be awesome and convenient if they added the NPC sheets to the compendium, but the Transmognifier still works for what you are trying to do. Volo's Guide is totally worth every penny,  and so is the MM for that matter.