Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e Compendium updates

Hi all, great news! We've just launched the updates for the Compendium services. this change allows for completely modifiable lists for every category. with these nifty bells and whistles. Can set whatever search parameters you want, but you will want to keep the search as generic as possible and modify the results via filters so that they can be changed at will by the user. Filters and sorting, immediately and on the same page modify, the list so that the user can jump between different sorting and filtering easily and quickly without refreshing. You can set Filter and Sorting default values via the URL. For example you can have 1 Spells list, and then link to it with the Class filtered for each individual class. So the "Bard Spells" list and "Wizard Spells" list both link to the same list, but will start out filtered to the correct class. This way users can jump between "different" Spells lists quickly. The same goes for sorting, you can link to "Wizard Spells by Level" or "Wizard Spells by School". Once you mark a list as the "List of Category" it will show up at the top of every item in that category, making it super easy to jump back to the list. All values in the list can be easily replaced with easier to read values. For example, with Spell Level the values range from 0-9, where 0 actually means "Cantrip". You can set the list to automatically replace 0 with "Cantrip" in the Spell Level field. For filters you can also replace all of the other values with 1 → Level 1, 2 → Level 2... to make for easy comprehension. You can set filters to be specific matches, including Any (the value is anywhere in the string), Exact (the value and the string are exactly the same), or Inverse (the string does not contain the value). This is useful for cases like Components, where having the Components would be considered a "bad" thing because they require additional tools to cast the spell. You can say "I don't want spells that have the Materials component" with the filters. Each list element is easily expandable, you can view a short blurb of the content of the page right there on the list page. In-app listings show the same sortable information without sorting or filtering options, available via accordion-like functionality. We still have some set up to do in cleaning up the data from the old way it was organized to the new. please be patient as these changes are rolled out over the next [amount of time here]. We are doing our best to make sure it's as short of a time as possible. Thanks and enjoy!

Edited 1506453112
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5576582/5th-edition-ogl-by-roll20-v2-dot-0/?pageforid=5576976#post-5576976" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5576582/5th-edition-ogl-by-roll20-v2-dot-0/?pageforid=5576976#post-5576976</a> Perhaps this entry is more appropriate here
is there a plan on letting DMs add-to their own Compendiums for their games? with or without sharing.
Dave
Forum Champion
Gabriel403 said: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5576582/5th-edition-ogl-by-roll20-v2-dot-0/?pageforid=5576976#post-5576976" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5576582/5th-edition-ogl-by-roll20-v2-dot-0/?pageforid=5576976#post-5576976</a> Perhaps this entry is more appropriate here I've found a similar issue; is this likely to be due to a lack of OGL allowed content, or an incorrect link towards the compendium entries? I tested this with sorcerer, barbarian and then the dragonborn race traits. Furthermore; were these traits to be implemented as drag&drop compatible I'd suggest linking to them on the class pages themselves. This would likely smooth out the process for folks filling out their character sheets.
marty r. said: is there a plan on letting DMs add-to their own Compendiums for their games? with or without sharing. I would also be very interested in this, as I run a homebrew campaign in DnD 5e and have limitations on some stuff found in the compendium. So a custom one would allow me to limit what players can see reducing the questions asked, whilst also allowing me to add custom classes and races to it.
marty r. said: is there a plan on letting DMs add-to their own Compendiums for their games? with or without sharing. Short answer is "yes," but there's not a timeline on it yet. We have something else we're planning on after Fog & Function and before we'd start considering jumping in with custom Compendiums. Stay tuned.
Is there any plan to license the full PHB so that all the spells that are in the PHB (for 5e) are in the compendium? &nbsp;Im hoping that roll20 and wizards are in talks for this....?
Matthew M. said: Is there any plan to license the full PHB so that all the spells that are in the PHB (for 5e) are in the compendium? &nbsp;Im hoping that roll20 and wizards are in talks for this....? Nolan t ouched on the potential of a 5e PHB license in his Community Roundtable Hour earlier this week. YouTube (1:09:52, relevant clip starts at 19:04)
not sure if this has been asked or not, but, is there a way to add archtypes for dnd 5e? i know there are more then just the champion for the fighter, im wondering as a pro member why i dont have access to these, are they just not in the service at all do i have to buy the dnd books? i just dont know whats going on and im very new to this roll20. thanks for any help anyone can give me.
Hey Crash, everything that is in the Compendium is in the SRD (source reference document) for D&D 5e. Essentially this means that the compendium is limited to only the basic rules for 5e and nothing more. Fortunately, roll20 is working on integrating the&nbsp;PHB into the compendium, but is still some time off as the devs want to get the most out of the product for you to then use in game. Unfortunately until either the PHB is available for purchase on roll20 or roll20 allows us to create custom compendiums, the are limited to what is in the SRD.
thank you. will this cause issues while playign the game? like if my player is a fighter/eldritch knight will there be any issues you know of when fillinf out the charcter sheets on roll 20?
Nolan T. J. said: marty r. said: is there a plan on letting DMs add-to their own Compendiums for their games? with or without sharing. Short answer is "yes," but there's not a timeline on it yet. We have something else we're planning on after Fog & Function and before we'd start considering jumping in with custom Compendiums. Stay tuned. I am sure what you are plaining is great but I would like to say customizable and/or editable compendiums would be very high on my list. &nbsp;