Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][Pugmire/D&D 5e] Rejoice Dog, Cat, and Rat lovers - I will be starting a game where you get to play them as Characters

Edited 1506627782
I am forming a game using the ‘Pugmire/Monarchies of Mau’ game world and system. The Pugmire system is just like D&D 5e, only the character races are Dogs, Cats, and Rats. I will be walking the players through the system from the start, so you don’t need to have or know the rules. If you do know D&D 5e and/or have played it before (or any of the D20 game systems), then you will fully recognize the Pugmire system. It is a Fantasy world set in the ancient future with swords, magic, and strange artifacts. Imagine our world, but far in the future. Countless centuries have gone by, and everything looks very different. Most buildings have crumbled to dust, and broken roads are buried deep beneath dense forests and layers of rocks. Here and there, the occasional ancient ruin or incomprehensible object surfaces, giving tantalizing glimpses of a world that once was. Humanity is no more. And those that remain — our best friends — start to reclaim our legacy. Pugmire is a fantasy game with evolved dogs, cats, and rats (know as the uplifted) as the main characters. They live in the ruins of our world, using tools, language, and ingenuity to build a new civilization in their image. Many of these uplifted animals strive to learn about Man (also known as “the Old Ones”). These heroic dogs, cats, and rats - eager for mystery and danger - are the characters you portray. I welcome experienced and new players alike. But be forewarned, this will be a long-term campaign that leans heavily towards Role-playing and mystery solving. I run very story driven campaigns, not the typical hodge podge dungeon crawls. I have not solidified the exact day and time (whatever works best for the group) - other than it will fall on a Monday, Thursday, or Friday, and either in the morning, evening, or night (I sleep in the afternoons). I live in the CST zone, thus flexible with all the zones in the U.S.. The game will be played every other week to giving me the time needed to create the most optimum gaming experience I can provide. Please post your interest in joining below. As soon as I finish with the final touches I will send you a link to the game posting where you can find more information about me, the game, and the campaign. And from there we can go about forming the group. The game wont start for at least two weeks. I want to make sure Roll20 has enough opportunity to work out the issues with the new ‘Advanced Fog of War‘ and character sheets. So we will have time to create the characters and set everything up.
Sure, why not?
Sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing what kind of changes come about with this setting.

Edited 1506632031
If you decide to run it at a time when a euro player can play (so, your morning, I guess), I'd love to give this a go. It's fine if you don't. I have the book.
This sounds amazing.  I was big into the Redwall series as a kid.  Experienced in 5e and both flexible and reliable relative to time.  Would love to join.  
This is so weird and I love it. I'll give it a shot.
I'd love to play!  depending on times of course.  I live in the EST time zone and usually free weeknights.  I was one of the backers of the kickstarter and have the rulebook with me.   
im on the other side of the world! but i should be able to make your games since you sleep in the afternoon. :D another redwall fan here.
I've been looking for a more story driven campaign for a long while now and would love to play if you are still accepting players.
this seems very interesting I would be down for a morning game (I work 3rd shift) I am in the central time zone.
So I have finally posted the game and I am excepting player submissions. You can find it here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/90501/the-darkness-within-chpt-1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/90501/the-darkness-within-chpt-1</a> And I wanted to clear up two points that people have been asking: First, this is going to be a serious game. Its not some comedic, lets frolic around and play it loosy-goosy, type of game. I know that there are some who consider Pugmire to be a joke because of its premises. But I am here to tell you this particular game is not the case. This game, and all my games and campaigns for that matter, will be immersive with a deep story and requires heavy Role-playing (a term that I believe is used way to loosely amongst these forums. But that’s a discussion for another day). Second, you do not need the Pugmire rule book (or the Monarchies of Mau, which covers cats) or know how to play Pugmire to play this game. You can be absolutely new to role-playing and that would be fine with me. If you know the D&D 5e system (or any of the D20 systems), then you understand Pugmire. All this game does is replace the races, classes, and feats with new ones. Which makes this game a nice change of pace for those that have grown a little weary of the typical races and classes. Anyway, I have set the game up so that if you are excepted as a player, you will be provided with everything you need to create characters and play.
Do you have a character sheet on roll20 for this?
The link no longer works.
If this is still a possibly, LMK! Only problem is I would like to know what day the game would fall on?
Heya! This looks interestimg! My Skype is ferelonshaderoot and my discord is William#7031. Message me when you can!
Hey, I'd be interested in this if you're still looking for players, but your link is broken. My discord is&nbsp;Lea #8841 or I'll keep an eye on this thread and private messages here.&nbsp;

Edited 1508693737
Sorry, about the link... it should be working again.You can find it here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/90501/the-darkness-within-chpt-1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/90501/the-darkness-within-chpt-1</a>
For some reason the recruitment doesn't show with all the other fresh recruitments on the first page in the LFG directory. This, as you probably noticed, is really screwing with your visibility. I'd suggest tweaking the game's settings until the software puts you on the first page. Try setting it to every week for now, lowering the open slots to five and writing a bigger post for the game details instead of putting it all into threads.

Edited 1508771364
Megazver said: For some reason the recruitment doesn't show with all the other fresh recruitments on the first page in the LFG directory. This, as you probably noticed, is really screwing with your visibility. I'd suggest tweaking the game's settings until the software puts you on the first page. Try setting it to every week for now, lowering the open slots to five and writing a bigger post for the game details instead of putting it all into threads. All good suggestions Megazver. I will look into doing that.
Krusader said: If this is still a possibly, LMK! Only problem is I would like to know what day the game would fall on? Yes, it is still in the signup phase Krusader. I am still working out the times. I have the available times posted in the game thread. Take a look and see if there are any that work for you.
later times on friday is my only good day... i have 4 other games during the week plus a few rest days