Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e OGL] Invisible Rolls Possible?

Greetings friends, I'm asking this on behalf of my GM. They wanted to know if there was a way for a player to send an invisible roll to the GM, one that they would be unable to see after clicking the roll button. I don't think there's anything that complicated from this sheet but I thought I may as well ask.
As of right now, I don't believe there is a way to do this.  The workaround that I use is for the GM to create a macro that will query the GM to select an attribute to use using the @(selected|ATTRIBUTE_NAME}.  The macro will start with /w gm.  For example an Acrobatics check: /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Acrobatics Check}} {{[[1d20+@{selected|acrobatics_mod}]]}} It starts to get a little tricky when you query which attribute you want to use, however it is completely possible.
ScopedHeadShot said: As of right now, I don't believe there is a way to do this.  The workaround that I use is for the GM to create a macro that will query the GM to select an attribute to use using the @(selected|ATTRIBUTE_NAME}.  The macro will start with /w gm.  For example an Acrobatics check: /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Acrobatics Check}} {{[[1d20+@{selected|acrobatics_mod}]]}} It starts to get a little tricky when you query which attribute you want to use, however it is completely possible. Thanks for the share. I'll test it out and see how my GM likes it. It might be a bit too complicated for his tastes, but beggars can't be choosers right?
Thanks for the share. I'll test it out and see how my GM likes it. It might be a bit too complicated for his tastes, but beggars can't be choosers right? Is this for DnD 5e?  If so are you using the 5th Edition OGL sheet?
Another option, system/sheet agnostic, is to use the  Blind Roll API script by  Stephen S.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Note that the Blind API script requires the game to have been created by a currently subscribing Pro subscriber. Here's something you can do: /w gm [@{selected|character_name} Acrobatics Check](!
/w gm **@{selected|character_name}** Acrobatics Check: [[1d20+@{selected|acrobatics_mod}]]) This will whisper a button to the GM, which the GM can then click to whisper the blind roll to them.
The Aaron said: Note that the Blind API script requires the game to have been created by a currently subscribing Pro subscriber. Here's something you can do: /w gm [@{selected|character_name} Acrobatics Check](!
/w gm **@{selected|character_name}** Acrobatics Check: [[1d20+@{selected|acrobatics_mod}]]) This will whisper a button to the GM, which the GM can then click to whisper the blind roll to them. Nice. This might be exactly what he's looking for. Thanks.
The Aaron said: Note that the Blind API script requires the game to have been created by a currently subscribing Pro subscriber. Here's something you can do: /w gm [@{selected|character_name} Acrobatics Check](!
/w gm **@{selected|character_name}** Acrobatics Check: [[1d20+@{selected|acrobatics_mod}]]) This will whisper a button to the GM, which the GM can then click to whisper the blind roll to them. Very nice use of the [ to prevent the roll from happening when it creates the button