Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for Players [ Fate System ]

Hello all, I am wanting to run a game of Fate.  I haven't determined the specific topic yet because I want to see if there is an interest in this system currently.  I can use the Core Rulebook or I can use the Players' Handbook from the Dresden Files' book.  I do, personally, own a CR of Fate and the Dresden books are currently on their way to my house (though I have a friend who will let me look at his or can use online resources).  The topic that I generally like to go with is centered around a town with what one would consider atypical experiences such as the supernatural or magic.  Though that may lead more into the Dresden Files' area, I am not against using other types of characters out there.  I will expect each person to keep up with their character sheet, which I will open an Obsidian Portal page for and you get bonus things if you do other things for that page.  Since this will be my first time running a game in this system I want four to five characters max.  I do want adult content so please be eighteen or older to apply.  I will get inspiration from other sources so you may see pop culture references! Chow!
I'm very interested in the possibility of a Dresden Fules game - I'm quite fond of both system and setting. However... I'm a little limited, since I'm only available for text-based games. Would that be a problem? Also; what times, days and timezones would this be happening in?
Would you let someone in if they never played? If so I would like to try
Aneurin said: I'm very interested in the possibility of a Dresden Fules game - I'm quite fond of both system and setting. However... I'm a little limited, since I'm only available for text-based games. Would that be a problem? Also; what times, days and timezones would this be happening in? Unfortunately, the people who I am setting up with right now are wanting a Skype/Discord game, however, I may be open to that in the future.
blaze a. said: Would you let someone in if they never played? If so I would like to try Of course, I will message you.
Lady of Knives said: Aneurin said: I'm very interested in the possibility of a Dresden Fules game - I'm quite fond of both system and setting. However... I'm a little limited, since I'm only available for text-based games. Would that be a problem? Also; what times, days and timezones would this be happening in? Unfortunately, the people who I am setting up with right now are wanting a Skype/Discord game, however, I may be open to that in the future. Just to check we're on the same page, I was asking whether this would be a live game, that is to say one with set sessions in which everyone plays together, just carried out through text instead of voice. I doubt it'll change things, though, but it always pays to ask! Also, listing time, date and timezone in your ad will help encourage people to apply since they'll know in advance whether they can reasonably participate or not. Thanks for your time, anyway, and good luck with the game.
Lady of Knives said: blaze a. said: Would you let someone in if they never played? If so I would like to try Of course, I will message you. Ok
Just to check we're on the same page, I was asking whether this would be a live game, that is to say one with set sessions in which everyone plays together, just carried out through text instead of voice. I doubt it'll change things, though, but it always pays to ask! Also, listing time, date and timezone in your ad will help encourage people to apply since they'll know in advance whether they can reasonably participate or not. Thanks for your time, anyway, and good luck with the game. It will be by voice, I do apologize.  Again, maybe after I start this game up and feel comfortable, I will message you and see what we can do. All those are TBA at this point in time, but that is very true, thank you!  ^ u ^

Edited 1506883684
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Hello Lady of Knives and other fans of Fate, There is a Fate fan community on Roll20 called Fate Corps. We have a player and GM listing by time zone, as well as campaign listings. Dresden is pretty popular with us. I ran a 6 session Dresden Files Accelerated game (the session write-ups are on the Fate Corps forums) and several more are in situ or in the forming stages. You can find the game listing  here .  Come join us! /Matt