Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Quick hack to get map tiles placed at the right size.

The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I was just building a quick encounter map for the game I have in 38 minutes.. (eep!) and ran across this little hack that people might find handy.  I'm using Gabriel Picard's  Village to Pillage: Hamlets/Outskirts for a quick rural map, but this will work well for any tile set where the tiles are all the same size and larger than 1x1 unit.  Gab's tiles are 20x20 for this set (and many of his sets).  I'm making a map that's 3x3 tiles, so while making the map, I set the page size to 60x60 and the grid size to 20 units: Now, when I drag in the tiles, they are stretched to the grid size, which is the exact right size.  When done, I just set the grid bac to 1 unit and GAME ON! Hope that's helpful to people!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Clever tip, never thought of that...
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
And here is me using tokenMod to change them like a fool! Nice tip :)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ziechael said: And here is me using tokenMod to change them like a fool! Nice tip :) Well, that had been my prior method for a foolishly long time... =D