Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Clickable handouts on the token layer

I think it would be very useful and handy to be able to place a token on the field, and link that token to a handout. If a player then clicks this token, he or she should be shown the linked handout. This would allow you to add a token somewhere in a dungeon with maybe a piece of text, or an image, and only the player(s) who find the token in question would be able to view it. To expand on the idea, maybe you could set a range for the handout token. If a range was set, only player whom's token is within this range may click on the handout. Another alternative would be to limit clickability by line-of-sight (using the Dynamic Lighting)
I second the thought. and was about to suggest the same.
I would also agree that GM only clickable notes / handouts would be a useful way to display GM notes. I know there are workarounds for this using linked notes in the bars, but this would definitely feel easier to use if there was a way just to link a token to a handout like we can a character sheet.
+1 I agree..  Whenever I have a battle, I have to search, open, and breakout all the monsters in that battle.  Being able to simply click the icon would be very nice.
Braxwulf said: +1 I agree..  Whenever I have a battle, I have to search, open, and breakout all the monsters in that battle.  Being able to simply click the icon would be very nice. Just thought I would point out that this already exists for monsters. Simply Shift-double-click on the token and it's character sheet will open.
Kyle G. said: Braxwulf said: +1 I agree..  Whenever I have a battle, I have to search, open, and breakout all the monsters in that battle.  Being able to simply click the icon would be very nice. Just thought I would point out that this already exists for monsters. Simply Shift-double-click on the token and it's character sheet will open. Holy!... I didn't know this, that's bloody amazing. thanks, also I still think the idea of having something a player can interact with on the map might be interesting/useful too tho.
@Kyle G. The shift-double-click is indeed useful. I use it all the time. That said, it would be cool to have a method for lauching a handout or other notes by clicking an object on the map.
The shift-click thingy was new to me too. Imma add that to my repertoar.
I like this idea, hope it becomes a thing
I found this post recently:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4664065/map-pins" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4664065/map-pins</a>... If a dev, mod or anything similar is around, could you move votes on this one over to the original suggestion and close this one please, so we can centralize our votes

Edited 1511292405
Alex
Pro
Hey Dys AB, we don't move people's votes as policy: it would take too long to verify whether each user actually wanted to move their vote to the new thread and we don't like to make these assumptions. I can and will however close this thread so that it releases your votes, that way anyone who wants to can move theirs to the original suggestion thread you linked.