Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] EST - Anyone interested in forming a group to play The Sprawl? (Cyberpunk PbtA)

Edited 1508770156
EDIT - We have three players currently and are looking for a fourth. We play on Sundays from 8pm to 11pm EST. We thusfar have: An Infiltrator, a Hunter and a Killer.  Hello! I've played in a Shadowrun Campaign and a play-by-post Apocalypse World campaign for a while, and have ran Dungeon World a few times so I'm familiar enough with the Powered by the Apocalypse style. I recently discovered the awesome game that is The Sprawl and I wish to give it a go! " The Sprawl is a game of mission-based action in a gritty neon-and-chrome Cyberpunk future. You are the extended assets of vast multinational corporations, operating in the criminal underground, and performing the tasks that those multinationals can’t do, or can’t be seen to, do. Deniable, professional, and ultimately disposable. " Like the rest of the PbtA systems it uses a 2d6 mechanic and is heavily narrative.   DriveThruRPG has a link to the game here should you wish to check it out. It is very newbie friendly so if you have no experience with PbtA systems that's fine. Just don't come in expecting anything close to DnD in terms of working out the minutiae or working out each sword swing - the players have a hand in telling the story !  In any case, I'm looking for a group. If someone wishes to GM, that's fine with me, otherwise I'll take up the mantle. If I do come to GM it'll be a slight learning process as I get used to this system, but my experience with Dungeon World should aid somewhat. I think a cap of 5 individuals total would be best, (1GM and 4 Players). Cyberpunk deals with Adult themes quite heavily, so this would be an 18+ game . My availability will be once a week or so (sometimes once a fortnight depending on schedules) and in the evening of EST (around 8pm onwards). I would propose to use  Voice Chat  via Discord .  If you're interested, get in touch! Post here or shoot me a private message. I'm looking for people enthusiastic in the setting of cyberpunk, the system itself, or both! 
I am interested in playing, I am not prepared to GM, at least initially. I have not completely read The Sprawl, but I've played and run other PBTA games and quite like Cyberpunk. Are you planning to use text, voice, voice, and/or video (and over what platforms)? My best days are Tuesday or Wednesday evening EST, but I am open to alternatives.
Hi Parenon! Thank you for the interest. I have been PM'd by someone else who also interested in being a Player. Their preference is for playing on Sundays. As for your other comment, I edited the post to reflect that! I would suggest just utilising Discord for Voice comms. 
Hi there! I am also interested in playing but I am completely new so I would be learning on the fly. I can do Wednesdays or Sundays EST but Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually pretty cramped for me, other than that almost any time works. Due to myself being a new player, I am looking for a narrative heavy game as I learn the more in depth rules/mechanics.
I might be able to do Sundays, any idea what time on Sunday you're looking at? And thanks for the update on comms!
hey! I've never played before or have any books but ive always wanted to try a cyber punk game, I can do tuesday-thursday let me know if there's any room left!
GhostShadow said: Hi there! I am also interested in playing but I am completely new so I would be learning on the fly. I can do Wednesdays or Sundays EST but Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually pretty cramped for me, other than that almost any time works. Due to myself being a new player, I am looking for a narrative heavy game as I learn the more in depth rules/mechanics. Seems like Sundays is becoming the day to play! Powered by the Apocalypse are very new player friendly, so you'll get the hang of it in no time, I'm sure. You're very welcome to play! Parenon said: I might be able to do Sundays, any idea what time on Sunday you're looking at? And thanks for the update on comms! I would suggest 8pm EST, would that work for you? Ian B. said: hey! I've never played before or have any books but ive always wanted to try a cyber punk game, I can do tuesday-thursday let me know if there's any room left! It seems that Sunday seems to be the go-to at the moment, does that not work for you? 
This is still open, should anyone else be interested! 

Edited 1507233084
Sure i can join if you still have room, i have 0 exp in this though.
Dinotrux said: Sure i can join if you still have room, i have 0 exp in this though. That's completely fine! This system is pretty newbie friendly. Are you able to play on Sundays at 8pm EST? 
Sunday at 8 does work for me, sounds good.
I would love to play as well! That time is perfect for me.
We have three players currently and are looking for a fourth. We play on Sundays from 8pm to 11pm EST. We thusfar have: An Infiltrator, a Hunter and a Killer.
i would be interested but know nothing of the game or the system to play it and would have to be taught.
S4BRE said: i would be interested but know nothing of the game or the system to play it and would have to be taught. I'm sorry S4BRE but given how we're a mission in, I'd prefer to bring someone in who's knowledgeable of the system at least, so we don't have to spend much time bringing someone up to speed. 

Edited 1508862902
Looks like you got a fourth but if you want a backup, I'd be game. I have experience with AW, DW, Shadowrun, and Cyberpunk 2020 but not the Sprawl.
Rerednaw said: Looks like you got a fourth but if you want a backup, I'd be game. I have experience with AW, DW, Shadowrun, and Cyberpunk 2020 but not the Sprawl. Sure thing Rerednaw, I'll get in touch if so.