Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

drag and drop of compendium monster replaced character sheet of pc

I just dragged a "Draft Horse" from the compendium to the map. worked fine. when I went to apply damage to a character "Karta" her character sheet was missing and it had the draft horse npc sheet instead. when I switched it from npc sheet to regular most of her sheet came back except that which was overwritten by the draft horse . her ability scores, ac , and skills were all messed up.  the game is  Another Place in Time . user = Redfangs
Silvyre
Forum Champion
As a Pro subscriber, you have the ability to roll back a Game by selecting the Roll Back Game option on that Game's Settings dropdown menu .
only happenening to one character sheet. and in the middle of a session.  if it matters the character sheet that kept changing was also  'POpped out in seperate window each time it happened.

Edited 1507510613
Silvyre
Forum Champion
This was caused by the fact that the Compendium drop targets of popped-out Characters remain active (acting as if the character sheet is invisibly at the top left corner of the main window of the tabletop). The Dev Team is aware of this behaviour (which is most likely unintended or undesired). Until this behaviour is changed, you can avoid this happening again by closing popped-out Characters before dragging-and-dropping items from the Compendium. (I personally opt to disable Popout Windows for Characters, and instead opt to minimize Characters .)
Does that mean you have to remake a character sheet?

Edited 1507513489
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Chirumi N. said: Does that mean you have to remake a character sheet? Possibly partially (unless you Roll Back the Game, or have that Character backed up, e.g. within your Vault ). When this occurs on the 5e OGL sheet, some core stats are overwritten (e.g. ability scores), but much of the information input on the sheet remains unaffected.
This happened in my game last night, dragging a giant spider NPC block into the journal caused overwriting all(10) of the player and NPC character sheets I had popped out for quick reference.  This was very disruptive and led to rerolling attributes for some characters that didn't have them saved.  I wasn't aware of the game roll back option, so I will look into that.  This needs to be fixed asap, just started with latest large update as I often did these steps with no issue.
Try unchecking the NPC option for the sheet, and then you should be able to re-enter the proper attributes.