Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

In China

I am wondering if anyone else is encountering a new problem connecting to a game from China.  For the past two days the program has been hanging up as it tries to initiate connection to an ongoing game.  It simply stops responding every time no matter which platform I use, laptop or mobile.  There has been a major slow down or blockage of foreign sites in the past week, but I did not expect any problems with gaming sites.  Is this an isolated problem I am having or are others experiencing it as well?
Hi David P., Do you still have issues loading our site if you make use of a VPN?
No, but at the moment my local WiFi supplier is successfully blocking both of my VPN's on my laptop. I can get Roll20 on my iPad, but cannot play effectively on that platform. The program boots up on my laptop and I can navigate most of the site but it hangs up partway through the initialization process when I try to go to the game I am playing. This is definitely a local problem. When I go to a coffee house and use their WiFi, I can access the problem without any problem. dp
Thank you for that information. From what you have outlined to me it seems like it might be something on your ISPs end that is causing this issue. Especially since you mentioned that when using a VPN you don't have this problem. Your VPNs being blocked also lends to this theory. Unfortunately, we do not have a way around these sorts of issues with ISPs. You might try contacting them to see what can be done.
Oh, there is no question that it is the ISP.  I just wondered if I was the only one having the problem in China.  Thanks for the response.
I got the Roll20 app for my iPad, thinking it would allow me to play on that platform, but as far as I can see it is only a partial system, not including mapping and the desktop environment.  Is that correct or am I missing something?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That is correct. Playing the full interface on an iPad ( Table on Tablet ) is a Pro subscriber feature.

Edited 1507688618
Silvyre
Forum Champion
keithcurtis said: Playing the full interface on an iPad ( Table on Tablet ) is a Pro subscriber feature. Small addendum: the Table on Tablet feature is also activated for Plus subscribers and Games created by subscribers (Plus or Pro).