Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Drawing Shapes Issues

So for all the basic information, I am logged in as a GM, and am using google chrome as my browser. My problems are arising with the drawn shapes feature when building a map. There are many times when I have drawn a shape (square, circle, etc) and after having drawn the shape, I am unable to select it and move it across the map to another spot. For instance I have a map containing a lot of rectangles where some of them I can select and get the 4 arrows cursor just by hovering over the shape with my mouse, and other rectangles that I cannot select or get the 4 arrow cursor, even though all the rectangles are on the same map. The only way I have been able to select said faulty shapes have been to drag and hold across the shape to bring up its corners to where I could resize or rotate it, however I still have not been able to move it no matter the size. I have made sure to be on the correct layer of course but am looking for some sort of solution to make the map building less glitchy. One question I also had about the shapes was, is there a way to have the background grid go over the shapes I have drawn? If I draw a large circle over the map in the map layer is there a way to ensure the grid goes over the shape? Thank you for the help
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's likely that some rectangles are obscuring the ones beneath. Roll20 doesn't give you a lot of selection control like you'd find in a dedicated drawing program. You can click on the ones you can select, then right click and choose "Send to Back". Repeat until the object you want becomes selectable. Not ideal, of course.