Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Any way to control player's drawing?

Nox
Translator
I know, I know. This has been asked many time before, but I was courious if there is any kind of script that prevent player to directly draw into the map. It does not bother me at all if they draw fallus around while i'm preparing the session, since 2 click solves the problem, and they waste the time of their life doing something nobody will see.   But if someone start drawing things when i'm busy giving important informations and/or storytelling something, they do not only distract me as the storyteller, they also ruin the atmosphere and the game moment for everyone.  Honestly i think that a button that "silences" everyone (temporary preventing the player to interact in any way except talking) would be a nice addon for the GM expecially for those moments. If a player is bored and doesnt pay attention, at least it does not ruin the game for everyone. If this is not possible a script/option to have the drawing go directly in the DM layer so no one except me is able to see them would be ok as well.  As last option an activable script (if is possible, i'm nob in js) that when active writes something (like "Player X is trying to get kicked from the game") in the chat every time someone draws, untill it get turned off. If none of this is doable, then sorry if I reposted this question once again. To Apologize i leave you with a brief story about one of my test sessions...   While i was explaining to new players the setting and the story, one of my long time player spent about 10 to 15 minutes in drawing an intricate and complex lady upon the image of an undead skeleton I used as background for my storytelling. He did not know how to change colour so we all knew he was drawing, but luckily new players were mature enough to not get distracted.  So we had this nice undead lady with pretty hair in the background the whole time while was explaining the setting (that is quite dark and gritty). When i noticed the artwork i deleted hit in 2 seconds, breaking my player hearth since he put so much effort in making the undead lady pretty that he's pc crashed out. The scene was fantastic, but seriously, i'd like to prevent this in Official serious sessions.   Thanks in advance
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
DryErase solves all that, I believe:&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2948292/script-dryerase-updated-to-v0-dot-1-5" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2948292/script-dryerase-updated-to-v0-dot-1-5</a>
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Doesn't have an single On/Off, but does allow grant and revoke pretty easily, with options to: 1) Silently delete drawings by players 2) Delete and notify the GM 3) Move to the GM layer and prompt GM to authorize it 4) Label with the player who drew it (on the GM layer) It lets you individually grant and revoke permissions, so you can authorize non-problem players to doodle without allowing the flagrant abusers from doing it.
Nox
Translator
Thank you very much!&nbsp;
This is really a social issue. I explain in my game such disrespectful behaviour could get you kicked from the game.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I agree with the sentiment.&nbsp; To me, this is a way to enforce the already laid down rules or at least help those who are impulsive to follow them. =D