Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New and confused

Sorry not the best title  but I just joined and wanted to play D&D5e but I have no Idea how to do up a character sheet for the site.  Where can I find them or do I just use send a PDF copy of a character sheet to the GM?  
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Generally, you'll have a character in the game and that character will have a character sheet associated with them that you can fill out.  If you haven't already, you might want to try creating a Game of your own, and fiddling around in the characters.  Go through the tutorial if you haven't already, it will probably help.
But where do I find the character sheet to fill out so all the information is available ahead of time?  Okay, I'll try the tutorial, not interested in designing a game just yet.  Thanks for the help.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The Character Sheet to be used for a game is chosen at the time of game creation.&nbsp; Once a game is created, you can join that game and get a character (in the case of a game you create, you just add a character in the journal, in the case of a game you join, the GM must create one for you and assign you control of it).&nbsp; Once you have a character in the Journal tab, you open that character and the there are 3 tabs across the top, the second tab is the Character Sheet. The Tutorial will get you familiar with the Game environment, which will make getting to a character sheet to fill out a character that much easier.&nbsp; Here's documentaiton on how to add a character:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Adding_Characters" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Adding_Characters</a>
Basically, after you join a game, the DM will assign a character sheet to you to fill out in the game.&nbsp; You can't fill one out until a DM has assigned it to&nbsp; you. But... if you start your own test game as a DM, you can select and fill out the character sheet.&nbsp; Transferring existing characters between games requires something called "the character vault" which I have no experience with.&nbsp;
Mike K. said: Basically, after you join a game, the DM will assign a character sheet to you to fill out in the game.&nbsp; You can't fill one out until a DM has assigned it to&nbsp; you. But... if you start your own test game as a DM, you can select and fill out the character sheet.&nbsp; Transferring existing characters between games requires something called "the character vault" which I have no experience with.&nbsp; Thank you, that helps me a lot and is what I wanted to know.&nbsp; Thank you again. ^_^