Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

So, I want to add spells. (involves compendium)

Spells such as those introduced in the princes of the apocalypse 5e campaign. Now my players could do this manually but what about if I wanted to be pro-active and somehow put them into the compendium tab or something similar to a point they only have to drag and drop and have a reference without the book. Suggestions? 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The public Compendium can only contain SRD information.  Some purchases expand the compendium for the purchaser, such as the Monster Manual and Zolo's Guide, but those are only for the person that purchases them, not their players.
dunno what srd means but i'm pretty sure it means I cannot do what I hoped xD
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
SRD == System Reference Document.  It's all the stuff that can be freely used in Open Gaming License content.  Things that aren't in the SRD cannot be publicly and freely provided. Effectively, it does mean that you can't do what you want with the current state of things.  Steve K. has said that custom compendiums is something he's very interested in adding and I could imagine custom spells being a part of that.  That would allow you to recreate non-SRD content in a private compendium and use it with your players.
brilliant.  Some of the potential updates that's holding back xanthar's guide to everything xp