Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Campaign abruptly stopped loading maps mid-game. Refuses to do so since initial occurrence.

Hi, I was just playing a campaign with pals earlier this evening when my game stopped working. We have played before for many weeks now, and I had no change in circumstances whatsoever, yet at one point when I moved to a new map, the webpage was killed / or timed out (did not finish loading the tokens/drawings, sidebar and GM tools were unresponsive). My players did not experience any issues, yet I could not load my campaign any longer. I normally use Chrome, but I also tried on Edge, Firefox, and even my phone to test the issue; no success. I followed the "Solving Technical Issues" steps and could not resolve my issue from disabling my chrome extensions (even though nothing was added or changed), nor did clearing my cache prove helpful. The weirdest part about this is that it happened mid-game, exclusively to me, and even then, on multiple browsers and devices. I'm the DM for my campaign, and suffice to say, my players are kinda pissed off. We only get a couple hours to play maybe once a week and by the time this is resolved, I'm sure we'll be waiting for the next session again. I've attached an image of my PC settings for clarification as per the FAQs instructions, however I cannot provide a console log as my browser becomes unresponsive upon loading the campaign. I attached a screenshot of it on a separate tab, but I don't think it will have the information you need unless it's from the campaign tab. Anyways, if there's anything you need to help resolve this issue, just let me know. Thanks in advance. JB
It might also be worth mentioning that my other campaigns load just fine, it just seems to be the current one I'm playing that does not load anymore. I will also test on my work PC tomorrow if I am still having issues. JB
Same here, stop working in the middle of the campaing, for me and for two of my players, on Chrome and Firefox
Started about the same time you posted your thread. I was having luck with another campaign then I switched pages and now that one is locked too.
same problem for me, my topic here <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5632090/impossib" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5632090/impossib</a>...
I´ve tried to copy the game whit the problem, and in the copied game happens exactly the same. No solution yet
Ernesto B. said: I´ve tried to copy the game whit the problem, and in the copied game happens exactly the same. No solution yet I started a new campaign using a different rule system and a module from the marketplace and it was working fine.&nbsp; But the games with unique content aren't.
Hi everyone, sorry to hear this is happening. I realize it has only been a day, but is this still an issue for any of you? When you crashed do you recall any steps you might have taken moments before the crash? (Adding a token, moving to a new page, etc.) Additionally, please provide me with the name of your game so we know where to look for potential issues. Thank you!
Hi everyone, today my game works just fine, seems to be fixed.&nbsp; Thks!