Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Map Pins with Editable Info?

Edited 1507822580
DEF
Pro
Hi all - I've only just started DMing on Roll20 and had a question I haven't be able to find the answer to: I have a large campaign map on my splash page and I want to be able to place tokens (like google map pins) on locations once they are discovered that both I and players can input information into regarding what NPCs are there, what rumors they heard, etc. Is there a way to do this?&nbsp; I was thinking I might do something like was described here <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1869721/map-notes/?pageforid=1869721#post-1869721" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1869721/map-notes/?pageforid=1869721#post-1869721</a> but that still wouldn't allow players to edit the notes which is the main functionality I'm looking for. Thanks for any help you can offer!&nbsp;
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
There are some rudimentary techniques you can use.&nbsp; The easiest is this: 1) Create a character named Notes and add All Players to the controlled by list. 2) Create a token that represents that character and looks like a map pin 3) Set it as the default token for the Notes character 4) Create an ability on the Notes character named Description that speaks the value of the selected token's bar1 to the chat and set it as a Token Action: @{selected|token_name}: @{selected|bar1} With that setup, you can drag the Notes character in and get a new pin, then type your description in bar1 of that token.&nbsp; Selecting token will show a button at the top of the screen with Description.&nbsp; Clicking that button will print the name of the token followed by the description that was typed in bar1.&nbsp; You can extend this to multiple bars if you want to have different types of descriptions in each bar.

Edited 1507826263
DEF
Pro
Thank a bunch! I was hoping to have the notes be more visible within the token, as it's a little hard to read what you've typed into the bar field, but it seems to work great for simple descriptions.&nbsp;
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Could have a shared handout and paste the link in chat from the bar.

Edited 1507827010
DEF
Pro
Perfect, thanks so much for helping out a newbie!