Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GM Looking For Players for upcoming D&D or Dark Heresy campaign. New players - welcome.

Edited 1508690395
Hello again everyone. Dark Heresy (Warhammer 40k) game is all set up, but as it stands now we still need two or possibly three more players in our ranks to make the atmosphere more lively. Quick listing can be found here. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/92722/rolls-and" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/92722/rolls-and</a>... Just as the last time experience in game and in setting doesn't matter, microphone is not necessary but apreciated, the only thing that required is your boundless enthusiasm. Everything below still applies too, including discord link. If you want to apply or just have some questions, you should go right there. Welcome to everyone who is reading this. I’d like to play a game with you. And not one, or two, but a whole adventure. What are we playing? You decide. The choices are not too exotic, but at the same time they are pretty wide. At your will it can be either: Everyone favorite D&D of any redaction of your choice. The adventure theme, tone, difficulty? You decide (for the most part), and I’ll do my best. Or for the fans of more sci-fi… ish adventures it can be Dark Heresy . – Grim adventures of the grim acolytes of the holy inquisition in the grim darkness of the 40 millennium of the fantastic universe of Warhammer40k among the deadly xenos and insidious demons or vice versa. And that's what players have chosen. The only condition is starting from scratch. The very start, earning each skill and trait by your own hands, story and trial. The heroes (or villians) must be forged, not created. I’m more then happy to greet the newcomers to system, Roll20, or roleplaying as a whole. It’ll be a pleasure for me to explain anything you want in details and I have a great patience in such things. The only thing that is important is a desire to play, that’s also the only thing needed. Remember that it’s the player who tells what he wants to do, and it’s GM work to convert it to the rules, even if it does not exist in the game codex. (The only exception are munchkins, well guys, you know that I know, and I know that you know that I know, so every rule can be changed or bend at any time if something goes wrong, so don’t really plan ahead too much, do what you like.) For the actual game organization. Most of coordination will be executed through Discord, it’s quite optimal system to create and organize such a group. Here is the link to the chat room. <a href="https://discord.gg/Rgrj8XA" rel="nofollow">https://discord.gg/Rgrj8XA</a> Be my guest. Even if you just passing by and not sure what’s happening at all, I'll be happy to answer your questions here. The game format... From my own experience I would prefer a fully text adventure. But wait just a minute . It doesn’t mean that voice communication is not an option. You will be fully able to voice act dramatically your every sentence. It just means that your full sentence must be typed in the main Roll20 chat just a second before or after that. It may be a bit inconvenient for someone, but that solves a whole bunch of problems with players interrupting each other or getting awkward moments of silence, really, and gives everyone a good memory of the game, creating a wonderful and whole game log afterwards. Also if you don’t have a microphone… You are welcome aboard too. It’s fine. And maybe some time later you will be motivated enough to get one. Planned game time is weekly on weekend, so Saturday or Sunday, starting around 13:00-16:00UTC. 3-5 hours per session. Again, the players decide as they see fit. But that’s not all. Game is not stopping for a minute. Anyday, anytime players can contact me through discord, openly or private to solve all game questions, suggest something, level up, craft, roleplay or just chat, or even go on the whole new and exciting personal side adventures, splitting the party if needed. Most of the time you can expect a reply from me within minutes. All that so when weekend comes everyone would finish all the boring tasks and be on the ready for some actual adventures. Number of players? Well, I was thinking of gathering 5-6 players for a start, but if the play style explained before works out well I’d want to gather as much as I can possibly keep track of. And it’s really hard to tell the real number at this point. What will the game look like? Well you can see few examples below. Of course I’m not an artist, and I’m limited in my resources by what bits and pieces the internet abyss or map generators provide, but I can assure that I’ll try my hardest, and also I’ll gathered quite a collection of useful materials over the time. I’ll start working on the basic content after the first players will gather up and decide what type of adventure they actually want. It won’t take more than a week. Especially considering time to answer all questions and go through character creation. About me? Well, I had some experience at creating a game. I was guiding a group of Dark Heresy Acolytes through their adventures for… half a year or so. Here are some shards and pieces of those adventures as an example. (And yes this is fully functional if a bit sketchy inventory and ragdoll anatomy body model for each player. Those will be a thing too. As a separate browser tab.) Now I want to start the journey again from the start. And this time I want to make everything even brighter (or grimdarker) than before. Hop in if you earn for adventure!
The game is all set up and ready, and resumes it's recruiting to prepare for it's start next week. Join the discord channel listed above to apply or just ask questions.