Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFGM][Shadowrun 5e] 6 player looking for a GM, Saturday or Sunday nights, 5-6 PM (Central Timezone)

Well, let's try this again since my last post seems to be cursed. Perhaps I should start by saying: everything here is negotiable and that nothing is set in stone. I say that later on but I guess people were missing out on that. I’m looking for a gamemaster for Shadowrun 5e, someone willing to deal with six newbie runners – two with tabletop experience (DnD specifically), one whose watched a few campaigns on YouTube (me), and the rest with no tabletop experience at all. One of us (me again) has a reasonable handle on the setting of the Sixth World. We are using the priority system for character generation. Now a little about the players. Most of us have experience in some freeform forum (free-forum ba-dum-tiss!) roleplay, so we’d probably best enjoy a homebrew campaign with an emphasis on multiple solutions and freedom of choice (or one of the printed scenarios with a few slight adjustments); we also enjoy character development and intense world building. Furthermore, this campaign should be more than just job after job and focus on the character’s lives besides what they do in the shadows. Speaking of the characters we have: Falzaar, a Sasquatch mercenary with a backstory straight out of a comic book; Igluuk Sugyet, a troll with crippling fear of children and a dark past; Herb hERB, our elven face with a knack of demolitions and a PhD in nonsense; Titania, our six-armed vampire decker whose totally useless in combat; Yari, a cyber-furry gunslinger; and Frau Schmetterling (Mrs./Lady Butterfly), the ex-soldier who, despite her literal pink mohawk, is so black trenchcoat that it hurts her to be on this team. Thematically speaking, we’re going full neon pink mohawk in the beginning; however, a few of us were hoping to slowly go from that to black trenchcoat as the campaign goes on. Content-wise, we have one rule: NO SEX (or rather no graphic depictions of such organs and/or behaviours). but otherwise anything goes. We can always discuss specifics later on. We’d like to start playing as soon as possible, and we’d be meeting online – via Roll20 and Skype (or your preferred alternative) – Saturdays, once a week, for two to four hours starting at 5:00-6:00PM (Central Time Zone-6:00). We have the basic sourcebooks: Run & Gun , Run Faster , Chrome Flesh , Street Grimoire , Data Trails , and Rigger 5.0 . however, we are only really using the first four. Please, keep in mind, everything is negotiable, except for the number of players of course.
Dot.
Dot.
A word of advice, meant in the best of spirits: don't set so many rules for a GM you're trying to convince to help your group. Shadowrun tends to run best with smaller groups of players / characters, so you're already at a disadvantage there. Add to that that characters are already made - an issue that almost all experienced GMs would want input in - and that you're looking for a very specific playstyle, and the pool of potential GMs for a system of middle-of-the-road popularity is pretty much empty. That's not even getting into the predefined timeslot.
I thought that was implied by the "everything's negotiable." That's the whole reason I put it there, to show that nothing here is set in stone (except for the player count).
Are you only looking for GMs, or would you be interested in taking another player? 
Well, um, like not really. I was told seven people was an impossible number in my last post (<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5565060/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5565060/slug%7D</a>). I will let you know if anything changes.
Huh, this has gone...exactlya expected...
Well this sounds like a challenge. I'm willing to make an attempt, but as Pat vdR said above this a steep asking price. I guarantee precisely nothing except i try.