Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

macro's inside of a macro problems

This is my current code, I'm fairly new to roll20 and using it's macros. i'm not sure how to make to make these macros work inside this macro [[?{How many attacks (Spells are 1)?|1, #To-Hit-1-Time | 2 , #To-Hit-2-Times| 3 , #To-Hit-3-Times| 4 , #To-Hit-4-Times} ]] can someone please help me out with this (and I have tried using the macro wiki but I'm still confused and not sure how to use the ' Advanced Usage for Roll Queries '
I'm just going to take a guess that your macro To-Hit-X-Time(s) has one or more of the following characters: ',', '|', and '}'.  Because queries use these as special characters and of the order of operations in the Chat window, you need to HTML encode these values if you do not want them impacting the query. Specifically '}' as a query ends at the first '}' it finds. Unfortunately when you encode these values, the original macros can then only be called from within a query and not by themselves any more. This is why many macro creators prefer to use  API Command Buttons for macros rather than queries. It allows you to still have the functionality of deciding when to use which macro, but also allows you to call the macro by itself.