Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro Shaped 5e - How to add a skill modifier into a roll?

Edited 1508045660
I am trying to add the skill modifier from medicine into a roll for a healers kit. For example if the modifier for medicine is +3 the output should be something like 1d3+3. The 1d3 is the healing portion of the healing kit. How do I go about doing this? I am doing this in the character sheet itself.

Edited 1510217850
Not actually super easy, but not super hard either. The tricky part is that the skills are repeating values- meaning, you can't just reference {characterNAME|medicine_mod} or something. You'll have to grab the identifier of that skill for each person you'll be using the macro for. Alternatively, if you'd rather not do that, the better way would be: Healer's Kit: [[1d3+?{Proficient?|yes, 1|no, 0}*@{CharacterNAME|pb_display}]] The big part is the stuff inside the [[ ]] 1d3 = the healing portion of the kit. ?{proficient| starts a roll query which gives you two choices: yes, and no. Yes results in a 1, and no in a 0. We take that number, x, and multiply it by the pb_display attribute. pb_display stands for proficiency bonus display. This either adds a value of 0 or adds a value equal to your proficiency bonus. Having it apply to the health value of that character, however, will require use of the API.