Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

In game Character sheet not matching Preview

Hello, I recently decided to go pro and try my had at editing a pre-made character sheet. So I choose my sheet as the D&D 3.5 sheet and began by loading the HTML/CSS into their corresponding fields and checking the preview. Everything looked fine so I started to remove the unwanted parts and reusing parts to fit my games settings. Again after making some changes I would check the preview to see if everything worked/looked good once I got to a point where I needed to test a mechanic in game I came to a new problem. The difference from the preview to the Character Sheet in game was a huge problem i'm not sure if it's just the coding is to dated or what but here are the results in the preview. but here's what it looks like in game
These are my HTML Layout and CSS styling  Jsfiddle preview/HTML/CSS code
The built-in Preview view is not very reliable at all. It is a known factor with the editing environment. The best way to test new character sheets is to open a second window to the tabletop. Make your changes to the character sheet in one window, save it, then refresh/reload the tabletop in the other window and open and test the sheet. The red elements you see are missing translations in the translations JSON tab.

Edited 1508079009
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
As Rabulias has mentioned, if you have i18n code included in your html, roll20 needs a translation file as well.  You can either include and updated translation json or remove the i18n data (which may be fine if this is just going to be a sheet for your group...). more info: Adding Multi-Language Support
Okay so I looked at the file from github site where I got the character sheet and grabbed the Translation file and added it to my Custom sheet. So far it has help fix many of the problems with the character sheet. Thank you both Rabulias and Vince for the advice it did help me fix the sheet and keep it with the look I was going for. It's still a work in progress but at least it's working.