Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Unable to dismiss notifications

Hey gang, I cannot update my avatar, nor can I dismiss notifications (neither all at once, nor individually). I've tried using a different browser to no avail. Has anyone come across this issue and found a way to resolve it? <3 Daf
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
I'd already tried both Chrome and Edge, so I downloaded and installed Firefox but had the same problem. Operating System: Windows Windows NT 10.0 Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440 Web Browser: Firefox 56.0 Browser Size: 2560 x 1331 Javascript: Enabled Flash Version: 27.0.-1 Cookies: Enabled AV: Avast Extensions: None (just installed the browser) Console Log (FF): Initializing new dice engine with randomness... dengine.js:4:29239 Using random entropy dengine.js:4:29316 Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead. load.php:48:388
Hi Capt Daf., Do you have any screenshots of what this looks like on your end?
Hi Drespar, Not anymore. Just imagine a pink envelope with 43 underneath it, and clicking on the [Dismiss] buttons did nothing. I was able to resolve the issue by upgrading to a GM account. After doing that I was also able to change my avatar. I have *no* idea why these basic functions are disabled for Player accounts. Cheers, Daf