Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 locked up, can't access, need Dev help

Hello, I have a map called 'Town Encounter' (my most recently-added map) for my game 'Mistwalkers'. The first token added (Coco) was edited to have max view distance set to 9999 with the advanced fog of war turned on. I don't know why, but the moment I hit accept the game locked up. Attempts to rejoin lock up the browser and kick me off the page. Can you please delete the token from the map so I may access it again? Maybe set the map options to have advanced fog of war off so I can fix things? I've put a lot of work into this map and I really don't want to lose it.
Resolved by shutting everything down and running on Firefox instead of Chrome. Firefox has the 'wait' function for pages that lock up, so I had it just wait and slowly resolve. Scrolling around doesn't work, but holding alt and zooming out did. I slowly zoomed out in increments, selected the token, and deleted it.

Edited 1508378705
Jeff L.
Roll20 Team
Hi Falkyron, I went ahead and disabled Advanced Fog of War for that page for you.  We're looking into solving this issue and preventing it in the future.  Reducing that view distance should help you in this regard, though you may wish to exercise caution with enabling Advanced Fog of War for the time being. If you have further problems, feel free to respond here.
Thank you Jeff.