Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Syntax Error on Character Sheet

Edited 1508465483
I've been using the Savage Worlds Tabbed sheet for over two years now and have never run into this problem. My cousin cannot make anything on his character sheet work, getting this error each time: SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|-] or [0-9] but "*" found Having searched through the forums it seems like this problem occurs when something in a field somewhere isn't filled out correctly, but I scoured through and didn't seem to see anything amiss, and I set up the sheet myself. I can roll from the sheet fine. I even gave access to another player and an outside friend and they could roll fine. But each time I try to send it back to my cousin it's that error all over again. That leads me to believe that the trouble is on his end, perhaps with the browser that he used or something, but if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears because I feel awful his sheet doesn't work and I've had to roll for him. So if this is something that has cropped up for anyone, I'd love to hear how you tackled it. EDIT: I am using Chrome as my browser, and I know that the player in question is using Internet Explorer. Out of my other three players, two are using Chrome and one is using Safari.

Edited 1508466204
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Firefox and Chrome are the official browsers supported. I think Safari, for mac, is also but that is a guess (I don't use a mac). Internet Explorer doesn't support very well the html5 that roll20 requires for use. Have the player try chrome or firefox.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Roll20 *only* supports Chrome and Firefox.  Nothing else.  Other browsers *may* work, but issues that pop up will not receive troubleshooting.  Let us know if switching to a supported browser fixes things :)
Im having the same problem and im using a chromebook with the google chrome browser. I will edit when i recheck my other games but so far only seems to be from the most recent sheet that was made for me.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
ShadowlessCloud said: Im having the same problem and im using a chromebook with the google chrome browser. I will edit when i recheck my other games but so far only seems to be from the most recent sheet that was made for me. Which sheet are you using, and what roll are you trying to make?
I am happy to report that I touched base with my cousin this morning and upon switching to Chrome the issue seems to have resolved itself, the rolls work just fine!