Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFGM][Hero][GoT] Looking for a GM run a solo campaign set in GoT universe (books)

Edited 1508679812
Hello. I am looking for a GM that would be interested in run a campaign that is set in the GoT (Game of Thrones) universe. The details and hoped for GM skills are listed below. I have had a game like this ran for me until recently, but the GM is unable to continue. I was hoping to find someone who could run this as a solo game, with just me as the player interacting with the GM's take on the Game of Thrones universe. Details Time: I live in the EST (GMT - 4) time zone, but as long as I have the free time, I can play at basically any time. Unless your only time you can play ends up being from like 3am to 6am (for me), it shouldn't be much of an issue.  Type of campaign : Self-insert: I'd have my real world knowledge and memories (including whatever I know about GoT universe). Political: Whole idea is that I'd be strong, but still only 1 person, and that coordinating with others and diplomacy are needed to accomplish big things. Style : Sandbox. I'd appear in the body of a random non-important (like random slave) NPC, having been dropped there by some omnipotent god (or what have you). Timeline : Game probably starts at the beginning of the books, and uses the books as the basis, though we can definitely discuss the start time. Would be cool if I could start doing stuff from the beginning of the story like not letting Dany marry Drogo if I didnt want that, or stopping the death of John Arryn if I get there in time. Method of playing : Game was previously played over discord. We would sit down for a few hours and have a session. I have no problem doing g it over voice and using roll 20 but I'd prefer text (aka we just type back and forth), as that leaves a record of the session, is easy to do even when im travelling, and gives me a minute to think of what I'd say as im typing it out. The way it played out before, maps weren't really super required, since combats didn't depend too much on positioning, but I'm open to using a map if you decide it's needed. Players : Just me. In the previous campaign (and I do want to keep this bit), the character was given a boon of their choice (like "choose your superpower") that was to help them get the mission done (save the world from white walkers). I quite liked the boon I chose, and while I amm definitely open to discussing it, I'd prefer to keep it roughly as it was. It does make me much much stronger than individual humans, but the campaign should (in my opinion) focus less on me fighting some weak soldiers, and more on politics and the like. So even if I can take on a several dozen soldiers without breaking a sweat, I can still only be in one place at a time, there are still going to be people with magic in the world, my allies can still be kidnapped/targeted, etc. My boon were the Powers of Emiya Shirou from the Fate series, modified to some degree to make them less effective at pure fighting power, and in exchange giving some more versatility. GM qualifications (Or atleast what I think would make the game more enjoyable for all involved): 1) I hope you have read the song of ice and fire series. Kinda hard without this, it's the setting for the game. 2) Several years of GM experience. Sandbox games are somewhat difficult, and my actions will make the story start deviating from the books quite alot I imagine. 3) Aptitude for Political games. As I said, its less about me being super strong, and more about me needing to leverage that power, since I still cant 1v1 actual enemy armies with thousands of soldiers, can still only be in one place at a time, and so on. So higher focus on interaction with NPCs through words than through hitting things hard. 4) Not necessary, but it would be useful if the GM had knowledge of the Hero system. It is what was used in the previous game for the few fights my character had, and to model the boon (I'll be getting the notes on that from my old GM so we can have a look at it and see what we keep/change). Though since most skilled GMs can pick up the gist of a system (took me a few days to get the general feel for Hero system), this isn't as important as the above points. If you are interested, please contact me so I can answer any questions you have, and to provide examples on how games were ran so far, and so on.
This is cool , I have ran A campaign like this before too , please consider me 
Great! I'll send you a PM with details, to see what you think
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
You should put your time zone in your profile and post. It helps GMs and players choose you.

Edited 1508679833
Andrew R. said: You should put your time zone in your profile and post. It helps GMs and players choose you. I don't have any particular time slot. Since we are doing this online, and I often stay up rather late, my time can be pretty much anything. If I get a good GM and he/she can only run the game at 5am (for me) then I'll be getting up at 5am. If they can only run at 2am, I already stay up that late every so often. But I did edit in abit of an explanation. Thanks,