Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Enhancing the Turn Clock Script

So I am going to give Bast L's TurnClock script a go in my next campaign -- it really is cool. Here is the  discussion about it, and here's the script in the  repository . I wonder if you could add a configuration option that would allow for silencing (or setting intervals on) the timestamp chat output. I want to try to use the script to create drama in a trapped room, but the every-second chat outputs are probably unnecessary. Perhaps the user could silence the chats, or set them to report every 10 seconds. Another config enhancement:  allow the user to set the time when the clock-ticking music would begin. For example, if the TurnClock is set to run for 30 seconds, but the tick-tock sound only begins when the time goes under N seconds (under say 10, when the numbers start showing up on the status marker), which would amplify the urgency. While I love the fact that the script is lightweight and simple, a couple tuning enhancements would make it fabulously versatile. Thoughts?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Totally doable and sound like reasonable enhancements.
I would 100% love something like this. I have searched for a workable turn timer for a very long time, settling on things like google stopwatch ect, simply because I did not want the api to post to chat every second. It clogs and pollutes the chat too much, losing important rolls and information. If this could be enhanced in the ways you say, I'd be very interested in giving it another go.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I saw a script one time where they just updated the turnorder with the countdown timer, that would be a great way to go as it's transient information you don't really need to know after the turn is over.