Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder 'Ranged Damage' Buff not working

I have several Buffs set up on my page (that encompass the benefits of Burn on my Kineticist), with bonuses to attacks and damage; the 'Ranged Attacks' buff works just fine, but the 'Ranged Damage' buff yields no results--only if I use the 'Melee Damage' buff does the modifier show up in my attack macros. It is perhaps worth noting that I have my macro set up to use +@{DMG-mod} on the damage, if that matters.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ranged Damage buff by itself appears to be working as expected.  Are you using both a damage mod buff and a ranged damage mod buff of the same type?  Stacking issue?
No, the one buff was all I had in play. I had tested by unchecking the Melee Damage box in the Select Buffs and using the same number in the Ranged Damage box instead, with the results I mentioned. But I'm not actually using the normal Attack buttons, the macro was hand written for me to use with Kineticist blasts, so it's possible the problem lies therein. Should the "+@{DMG-mod}" be grabbing any and all damage buffs (subject to stacking limitations, of course) and including them in the damage?

Edited 1508684470
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Maybe this will help you adjust your macro.   @{DMG-mod} value="(@{buff_DMG-total}+@{buff_dmg_melee-total}-@{condition-Sickened})" @{DMG2-mod} value="(@{buff_DMG-total}+@{buff_dmg_melee-total}+@{buff_dmg_melee2-total}-@{condition-Sickened})" @{DMG_ranged-mod} value="(@{buff_DMG-total}+@{buff_DMG_ranged-total}-@{condition-Sickened})" @{DMG_ranged2-mod} value="(@{buff_DMG-total}+@{buff_DMG_ranged-total}+@{buff_DMG_ranged2-total}-@{condition-Sickened})" @{DMG-mod} will not include any specific ranged damage buffs.
So since the macro in question is ONLY for ranged attacks, I should be using @{DMG_ranged-mod} instead of @{DMG-mod} ? It sounds like that will solve the problem.

Edited 1508685747
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Shard said: So since the macro in question is ONLY for ranged attacks, I should be using @{DMG_ranged-mod} instead of @{DMG-mod} ? It sounds like that will solve the problem. That would make sense. When making macros form the sheet's attributes be sure to understand what is actually being used to calculate that attribute. (which is not always clear...)  That should help get the expected values.  Cheers

Edited 1509467778
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
you should actually use both: @{DMG_ranged-mod}+@{DMG-mod} DMG-mod is all the "non specific" damage bonuses which apply to all attacks, and ranged damage buff are damage buffs that apply only to ranged attacks. So DMG-mod still applies to ranged attacks. So melee attacks would use DMG-mod and also DMG_melee-mod or whatever it's called.&nbsp; The hierarchy of buffs is sort of described here in the "Parent Buffs" section of the wiki: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a>...