Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Coping a game

Edited 1508690460
Twice now I have copied a game and then when I tried to go in to the original game, it put me into the copied game instead. The original game's "Join Game" button ends up being linked top whatever game I was last in even if it was an unrelated game to the original. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm trying to make a copy of my game to turn it into a template to use for future games so I'm not redoing a bunch of work on each new game.  Edit: I made a "copy of the copy" which seemed to work fine...until I deleted the "original", then the first copy started linking to the newest copy. I'm losing my damn mind, Edit 2: I started a brand new game and now the copied game I'd made links to the new, blank game meaning I just lost everything in my old game unless I can fix this. Need help! 
Hi BrucEh, What are the names of the games in which you are experiencing this issue? Additionally, I can restore the original copy, I just need the name of the game. Thank you

Edited 1508697711
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Not sure if this is related; I've noticed if I leave a game by closing the tab or going to a new url the next time I use a bookmark to enter another game on the same server, it often loads the last game I was in instead of the bookmarked game.  The URL's for each bookmark are correct.   I assume using the Exit game button when leaving a game would probably prevent this behavior.

Edited 1508708447
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Yes..  Properly leaving the gametable works so much better than just closing the tab ;)
Drespar, I walked away for awhile and whatever glitch was happening has stopped and all my games seem to be opening like they should be.  
Vince, about 99% of the time I exit games correctly and in this instance was making sure I was. Thanking it seems to have resolved itself with time.
Drespar said: Hi BrucEh, What are the names of the games in which you are experiencing this issue? Additionally, I can restore the original copy, I just need the name of the game. Thank you Drespar, Its screwing up again. The games all seem to exist, as I can transport them into the Dev Server and I can transmogrify sheets and characters out of any of my games, I just can't open them as they put me into a different game.  "Shattering the Long Peace v2" sent me into "Shattering the Long Peace", but then after I opened "Delve Team 99", "Shattering the Long Peace v2" ended up opening DT99.  
Try closing all instances of your browser. I find it works better to be sure that the browser session is completely closed this way before entering a Roll20 game.
Rabuliuas, I restarted my entire computer and it didn't help. Turns out it is a browser issue as I don't have the same issue when using Chrome. 
Ah yes... be sure to use Chrome or Firefox; those are the only supported browsers for Roll20.