Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Games aimed at roll20?

Neil Thorpe
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Hi, please excuse if this is answered elsewhere, but have any modules been released as complete games aimed primarily for roll20, is it possible to include a rulebook with a module tokens etc so effectively a module is a complete game aimed at being used on roll 20? its something im considering and i was wondering if this has been done already, and if not what am i missing as to why? thanks in advance for any help you can offer on this subject
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I think Simple System is an example of a module that was designed and released on Roll20.  Not 100% sure on that.
Neil Thorpe
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the reply, I'm working on something and I'm trying to plan the game and its system and assets to be targeted at roll20's platform. A complete game
Neil Thorpe
Plus
Marketplace Creator
I checked out the 'simple system' and I like it. My idea is more of a tradition style skirmish game but its mechanics are tailored to work for roll 20. i.s it would still use dice, it will have stats and rules and probably require a rulebook of some kind, but all the assets you would normally get in the box for a game are assets on roll20 marketplace, is this feasible? is it possible to include all that for sale on roll 20 or would i have to release the book elsewhere linking back to roll 20?
I see no reason why Roll20 module wouldn't be able to handle all that. In the end all the D&D 5th edition campaign books are like that. The whole 200+ pages long book is included in the Roll20 module, in addition to tokens, maps, etc. I have bought one of these modules (Storm Kings Thunder) and I was taken by surprise how well it was implemented. Roll20 is definitely a strong backbone to lean on when it comes to releasing gaming content for a VTT.
Neil Thorpe
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for reply Maetco, when you say the dnd books were included were the pdfs? or something else?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Neil.V said: I checked out the 'simple system' and I like it. My idea is more of a tradition style skirmish game but its mechanics are tailored to work for roll 20. i.s it would still use dice, it will have stats and rules and probably require a rulebook of some kind, but all the assets you would normally get in the box for a game are assets on roll20 marketplace, is this feasible? is it possible to include all that for sale on roll 20 or would i have to release the book elsewhere linking back to roll 20? I suggest sending an email to the Dev Team, <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> Neil.V said: Thanks for reply Maetco, when you say the dnd books were included were the pdfs? or something else? PDFs are not included in Modules. Check out the Storm King's Thunder Module Wiki page for information on how its book content is handled .

Edited 1508824646
Neil.V said: Thanks for reply Maetco, when you say the dnd books were included were the pdfs? or something else? From the wiki: "Storm King's Thunder module does not include a PDF of the adventure book, but the entire book's contents has been converted into Handout form on the Journal Tab. The Handouts are organized by book chapter and the bestiary of Monsters/NPCs, Magical Items, and player handouts have their own separate Handout folder. All Handouts utilize cross-linking for easy jumping between adventure chapters, map guides, monsters/NPCs, magical items, player handouts, etc." As I wrote, it usually works really well. And even when it doesn't work as well as I would like, it still works better than a physical book would.
Neil Thorpe
Plus
Marketplace Creator
hmm that is actually quite interesting, so its delivered almost like additional assets with gm notes etc. I suppose if the game rules were not 'war and peace' then it would be possible to deliver the game system that way.
Neil Thorpe
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Gents that is really really helpful, thank you very much for replying its given me some new ways of looking at delivering the a roll20 based system