Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character Sheet

Edited 1508817516
My character sheet doesn't show any changes made to them.  Then if I hover over a certain ability, the number changes to the one I inputed.  Its happening across multiple games.  I can't seem to figure out why or fix the problem.  I've signed out and back in, refreshed browser, etc...haven't been able to fix it.  It also won't drag and drop any information from the compendium onto the sheet either.
What game system and character sheet is your game using?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please tell us what character sheet you are having issues with so we can start trying more specific advice.

Edited 1508861059
Hey thanks for the advice.   This is a D&D5E game and character sheet.   I'm using Safari as the browser.  However, after reading through your fix suggestions, I downloaded Chrome and signed in to roll20 using that as my browser.  The same results were seen as they were on Safari.  I downloaded Firefox too and signed in to roll20 using that.  It does seem to respond the correct way.  When I edit, or drag and drop, the changes do show up on the character sheet as expected. It did work I believe the first three weeks I played in Safari, but now has stopped showing the changes made on the character sheet page. I believe it is showing changes in the attributes section, but not on the sheet section. Any explanations why its not working as it once did in Safari?
Hi Moke, Just to confirm, is this for ability scores such as Strength, Dexterity, etc? If so, does the text change color? Thank you!
Yes the hover and changing number is ability scores.  If it says "12" and I change it, the change doesn't show up.  If I hover after making the change, you see the number I wanted it to change to.  This also applies to updates in the skill section as well.  If I click a skill it doesn't change the modifiers related to that skill.  Like initiative or passive perception etc...  The text does not appear to change colors. 
What is the name of the game that this is happening in, and on what sheet?
Its happening in Checkmate and in From the Grave of an Empire. Its happening the Character Sheet, Lystas and Orfeo respectively.  Thanks.

Edited 1509041121
Drespar
Roll20 Team
Thank you for that information. I believe that this behavior might simply be unique to safari and potentially an addon or recent update that may have changed a few things. I would recommend sticking to Chrome or Firefox when playing on Roll20 as they are the browsers we officially support and offer the best experience on.
I'll guess I'll use Firefox.  Just a quick note for accuracy, it also did not work on Chrome at all.  Thanks for the help, I do appreciate it.  But, I'd say it would be a better solution that roll20 work regardless of browser, rather than have to use numerous browsers to just to get it to work properly.