Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need some help with API

So i have been kicking around roll20 for a little while now and have started dming in the recent past... I have found the API scripts after seeing another dm i know use them.... but for some reason i cannot figure out how to get them to work.... Specifically the 2 I am trying to start with are the MonsterHitDice for quick hp on monsters(but for some reason does not add anything to them) and also trying to use the GroupInitiative which seems to be adding the full dex score to the initiative and i am really bad at coding
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
MonsterHitDice is configured on the 1-click install page.  Once you've added it, you should have a dropbox for which bar to put things in, a dropbox for some defaults based on what character sheet you're using (they're all 5e), or an option to use Custom, then some text and checkbox inputs. GroupInitiative adds a stat named Dexterity by default for historic reasons I really should get around to fixing.  If you're using the 5eOGL sheet, running these two commands once should configure it for you: !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group --bare initiative_bonus If that doesn't work, it has a very thorough help: !group-init --help Or post back here with what character sheet you're using and what problems you're having and we'll help you deal with them. =D

Edited 1509459586
I switched to ogl and the monsterhitdice is now working but i cannot seem to get the initiative part to work i used those two commands and it now is only rolling a d20 and setting everyones bonus to +0  so every token is just gettin a d20+0
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
What were you using before OGL?  what is the output of this if you select one of the tokens: [[ @{selected|initiative_bonus} ]]
I was using shaped before ogl but it seems to be working after i did that check on a token
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Great! To configure for the shaped sheet, you do this: !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init-config --set-dice-count|0 !group-init --add-group --bare initiative_formula That sets it to use the shaped sheet's formula, which will account for advantage on rolls, halfling luck, etc. Switching back to OGL from shaped then requires the extra step of: !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init-config --set-dice-count|1 !group-init --add-group --bare initiative_bonus