Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Add purchased module to an existing game?

I've been running Tyranny of Dragons with a group for a while now, and to save my set up time just purchased the module. Is it possible for me to add a module to an existing game? Or what's the easiest way to transfer a game (characters, notes, etc.) to a purchased module? Thanks for the help!

Edited 1509801709
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
All modules require you to create the game based on it which means the only way to move the module content into an existing game is Upgrade to pro and use the  transmogrifier to move (copy) the content piece by piece from the new module game to the existing game. Create the game based on the module and have everyone use  the character vault to move their characters to the game.
Thanks! I'm not sure if I'm ready to upgrade to pro, but character vault is easy enough. Thanks!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
On the plus side of moving characters to the new game is that you have a clean game board to work with. Down side is moving any custom work to the new game although you can just copy paste any forum posts over to the new forums (same for the handouts also).