Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tips running Iron Kingdoms

I'm going to start running an iron kingdoms game in the near future and I was wondering what changes to the rules people have made to get around the fact that Iron Kingdoms is miniture based and roll20 offers a purely tile based system. Things like gauging which direction a character is facing, converting inches to tiles in a way that makes sense, etc.  Also any other general tips from people who have run this system would be appriciated. 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
It's ugly, but you could have status effect or colors represent direction they are facing.

Edited 1510086424
I already use colour to distinguish individual characters, so the players can say i'm going to attack the red goblin as opposed to i'm going to attack that goblin whos 4 tiles diagonally to the left and up or having to ping every time they do an attack. edit: and that would be like, super ugly
I'm actually pretty happy with running IKRPG in Roll20, you just have to make some slight adjustments.   I use a hex grid, set with one hex to equal one inch/six feet, which lets the in-game ruler handle measuring.  Next, I mandate that characters must directly face one of the six sides.  That way, that side and the two to either side become the "front arc".  I use the Vassal sprites, which are pretty clear about where they're facing.  For those that aren't, the little square you grab to spin the sprite marks "directly facing".  Could probably edit the sprites so they have an arrow or a proper facing arc, but that'd involve doing actual work, and making maps is already tiring...  And lastly, I abstract all base sizes to 1 hex, since we're doing it all in 1 hex increments anyway...