Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] OWoD/CWoD Werewolf the Apocalypse Mondays approximately 10 PM EST

Edited 1510301833
Hi there! I'm running an Old/Classic World of Darkness Werewolf the Apocalypse 20th Anniversary Edition game on Monday nights, starting at between 9:00 PM and 10:00 PM, usually running about four hours or so.&nbsp; We're looking for 2-4 players to round out the group and pack.&nbsp; New players and experienced players alike are welcome.&nbsp; Any level of experience, or even lack of experience, is both fine and welcome.&nbsp; All you need is a willingness to play, and the desire to enjoy a good roleplaying experience.&nbsp; I try to keep a relaxed and fun atmosphere with the game, while adhering to the tone and nature of the setting. The Storytelling (GMing) style is relaxed, with an emphasis on the spirit of the rules, as opposed to sticking to the rules literally to the letter.The objective is to be fun and tell a great story, not spend the session looking up what the ruling is on Wyrm taint gained from impure thoughts of something ridiculous like that. In the interest of keeping the game going, if I’m unsure/unclear on what the exact rule is for something, we’ll make note of it, I’ll make a judgment call for that session, and afterwards we can look the rule up and use it accordingly later in future sessions.&nbsp; In other words, if you’re hung up about exact rules, and are what can be called a rules lawyer, this isn’t the game for you These are details you’ll need to know to help you decide if you want to be considered or not: Point 1: &nbsp; There is a brief vetting/getting an idea of your personality and play style process before we play the first session Point 2: &nbsp; My time zone is EST (UTC/GMT – 4 from mid March to early November and UTC/GMT – 5 from early November until mid March) in Maryland, United States Point 3: &nbsp; We use Discord for voice communication. Point 4: &nbsp; Information you need to know Played on Mondays at approximately 9-10 PM EST (UTC/GMT -5) Everybody begins as Rank 1 (Cliath) The Player Characters are “good” (See specifics below) Somewhat relaxed game, sticks to the spirit of the rules rather than rules to the letter Mostly story/character driven roleplaying, with healthy amount of combat/action (It is a Werewolf game, after all) At the moment only material from the WtA 20 th Anniversary core book is allowed The players are Gaian (read “good”) characters.This means no Black Spiral Dancers, White Howlers, Fomori, Pentex agents, etc characters Here's the link to the actual listing, and the application information is found in the discussion.&nbsp; The link is <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94289/when-will" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94289/when-will</a>... We're looking forward to hearing from you! About Me: &nbsp; My name is Joe, I go by a couple of nicknames occasionally, depending on where I am online.I’ve got a small amount of actual playing time on Roll20, but have done extensive research on the interface. With regards to roleplaying, I’m a very long time veteran.I’ve played since the first release of Basic D&D in April of 1974, and played many other systems, such as RoleMaster, Star Wars (most incarnations), Star Trek (most incarnations), Old/Classic World of Darkness, New World of Darkness, Shadowrun, Marvel Superheroes, DC Heroes, and so on. I’ve ran games, in many, many systems and genres, as long as I’ve played them, and my group and I have played, tried, or researched most of the roleplaying games available at some point and time.&nbsp; I’m always willing to try something new, both as a GM and as a player.&nbsp; This is my favorite hobby and I like to explore it avidly, so new genres, new games, new systems, I enjoy discovering them all.
We have our remaining slots filled, so I thank everyone that expressed interest in the game. However, we will probably be needing alternates, so don't be too disappointed.&nbsp; There will probably be an opportunity in the near future, or I am considering a second game as well.&nbsp; This is a hard game to find players and Storytellers for, so the more exposure we can give it the better Thank you again and if still interested, let me know and I'll see what I can't work out
We've had a player drop out for the time being, so we're once more looking for two players, one of them possibly an alternate or maybe I can work them into the pack.&nbsp; If interested, let me know.&nbsp; Here's the details link <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94289/when-will-you-rage-how-about-now" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94289/when-will-you-rage-how-about-now</a>
This game is temporarily on hiatus.&nbsp; This time of year is really busy, and we'll be building an almost completely new pack when it returns since the majority of the players bowed out of the game