Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Suggestion: Granting players Jukebox powers.

Rog
Marketplace Creator
One thing that I think would be tremendously useful in all of my campaigns, GM'ing or playing, would be to give the GM the ability to grant Players powers to use the Jukebox. The ability to add and play songs, and organize it. Granting them this power, without giving them any additional GM abilities. Often when I am running a table, I am too busy managing and keeping up with the players to be bothered with running the Jukebox, but as a player I have plenty of time and it would definitely help out the GM. This would give players like bards and mages to add sounds to their roleplay, or maybe just a volunteer player who could pick the appropriate bgm and background noise. It's all about giving the GM some freedom to delegate some of the powers.
You can use the Roll20 Audio Master API and set up a macros with a selection of songs that can be chosen from. Send that macro to the appropriate player. I set something similar to this for a modern game I run where there is a macro to make radio sound effects for beginning and ending messages over radio. Also, giving players a button that reloads their gun and plays the appropriate sound effect. You can also essentially whitelist songs this way, as they can only play or stop the ones that you set up the macro for.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .