Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Table Export, Recursive Tables and Excel [New Thread]

Following on the heels of this thread, I've been using TableExport, excel and Recursive Tables to create a bunch of rollable tables.  However, I'm noticing something when I'm importing tables.  Whenever I create a table which has a inline roll as part of one of the table entries, something is happening in the import process which messes up the entry.  Instead of parsing the roll, it creates an entry that looks like $[[0]].  I created a test table to show you. Here's the code, after concatenation in Excel: table { }td { padding-top: 1px; padding-right: 1px; padding-left: 1px; color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; font-family: Calibri,sans-serif; vertical-align: bottom; border: medium none; white-space: nowrap; } !import-table --TestTable --hide !import-table-item --TestTable --[[1d6]] --1 !import-table-item --TestTable --[[1d10]] --2 !import-table-item --TestTable --[[2d4]] --3 !import-table-item --TestTable --[[3d6]] --4 (I just copied and pasted this directly from Excel, and all that extra information showed up - which is the same thing I would do in the chat window, could this have something to do with the problem?) And here's the table it creates. When I go in and edit each entry individually, the table works with Recursive Tables, so it seems like the problem is with Table Export.  If it matters, I'm using the 5e Shaped roll templates.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You need to use html code for the inline roll brackets because otherwise the chat parser will roll the inline roll,which results in the format that you see; it's how the chat parser knows where to put the result of each roll.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Actually, I think if you replace [ with %%93%% and ] with %%95%% it will work right. Try exporting something with [[ ]] in it and it should become clear. 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, yes, sorry, meant that percentage syntaxes, sorry about that.