Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Europa Universalis 4, Long-Term Roleplay, Discord & Text Based

Hello, hello folks! I am Elstine, a long-time, avid roleplayer primarily from world of warcraft where I have lead and taught RP groups for as long ad I can remember. We were well known for our additions of politics, strategy, and statecraft that largerly made up our roleplay encounters the past, six or so years. At any rate, I would like to expand outaide of that and try to roleplay using Paradox's Grand-Strategy Title: Europa Universalis 4. A strategy game in which one selects a country and lead said country through the ages.  How would we go about this? Well I am glad you asked.  Note: Discord is required for text based RP; active RPers prefered, you do not need EU4 to be included. 1. First, once we have gathered a reasonable group we will decide on a country; fictional or otherwise.  2. I will start the game, provide information of the scenario as a sort of informant/advisor, and provide screenshots of various things on the map to provide you all with details; more screenshots can be gathered on request.  3. With the information, we will make a series of choices as Generals, Economic/Administrative Advisors, Princes, Queens, Brothers, and other potentially important and influential folks. 4. With a general consensus, or if time runs out - I will enact our decisions in game. Sending out siplomats to bolster relations, gather claims on land, etc - declare war, build up an army or navy, etc, etc.  5. I will let the game tick for a day/week/month (We will decide) and come back to the group with the new information and results.  6. Rinse and repeat.  -------- If you are interested, or have questions - please let me know.
Oooh. I'm very interested by this. just curious, I'm assuming you'd want to play a big nation in EU4 sometjing like France or Spain and not Genoa or Utrecht or something? then again, I don't know your skill level at this game, so eh. Either way, I'm interested.
Hard to measure skill level in EU4, imo. I have over 200 hours, but with constant updates, dlcs, etc it feels like you are constantly learning and relearning. I am by no means bad, but always more to learn.  But I am not opposed to a small, or large nation - as mentioned we may even do a fictional world, random new world (If I can find a mod that works,) maybe with extended tineline, and randomize nations and placement, then we could create a nation from scratch.  otherwise, I don't mind if the nation is large or small, european, African, Asian, Indian, Eurasian, American, etc. 
Might even add Total War ganeplay for the battles. There is a mod that lets you pause battles, gives you a rule on how many troops to select and what type, etc - if you win the battle you can select Pyrric, Heroic Victory, etc and it gives a varying buff to the battle. IE, if you are ournumber 3 to 1, and get a heroic victory - where EU4 would have you lose, I can select heroic victory on the event window, and it shoukd have us win the battle.  could potentially add another layer of RP, having more intensive generals involved in controlling left, righr flanks, calavary, vanguard, etc. 
Aaah. Yeah, I enjoy this idea a lot. It sounds very fun.
Oh snap! I'm a fan of Paradox games myself (got a whole bunch of game time in EUIV, CKII and Stellaris) so this sounds like a lot of fun. 
I can't play CK2. I'm getting key errors. May have to uninstall and reinstall.
CK2 can be pretty spotty, especially with mods.  I prefer CK2 for long term, slow games - but Eu4 has always been more attention grabbing since it's much easier to expand; it's more hands on I feel visually.  regardless, both are fun and do wbat they are designed to do very well. So, we got two interested so far - maybe with a Third we can start working out some details.
I have thousands of hours pumped into CK2... I'm not proud. Joking aside, i'm not very familiar with eu4 but i've always wanted to play it with someone online. My discord is @SamDoesDumb#4196
Oh, perhaps I should list my Discord here? username is JackytheWannabe.
Alright, cool - looks like we got enough guys; Bart if you'll include your Discord; I'll add all of you as friends and create a discord group and we can go from there. 
And JAckson, I need the numbers that go with your Discord name too; to add you.
Or y'all can just add me at Elstine#0361
If you are willing to add another player this looks pretty interesting, my discord is shepalex1#9136
Ah, right.  the numbers are 9584
Got a discord channel up, if y'al want to go ahead and add me on discord i will invite you. 
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Only games hosted on Roll20 servers may use Roll20 resources for advertising.  I wish you the best of luck with your game.