Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Logistical question regarding displays

Hey everyone. Im still learning the ropes with Roll20 and have a question. I have a new campaign im creating and I have a combination of local and distance pcs. I plan on using a large screen tv at the end of the table to display battle maps and whatnot for everyone local, but of course I dont want my pcs to see my DM screen. My workaround is using a laptop to control the campaign and creating an observer user controlled by a separate computer for general big screen display. My concern is that displaying the video chat in my DM screen, and on the second computer will bog my connection down because comcast sucks. Also, logistically this is a pain in the butt. Is this the best way to go about doing this? If there is a better way to passively display relevant info AND the three non-local players i would like to know.
Primary answer:  Shut off video on the player client. Secondary answer:  If you want to control the player window, then use a second window on the same PC to do that.  But log in as Player rather than GM.  Both are options in the My Settings window.
easy fix would be to create a second account that joins the game and has the proper sight to see the whole map. that way you can display the map using the players ribbon and use the lap top for control.