Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Understanding Macro HTML

Edited 1510764648
Ok so basically I need a macro for drop down menu that will for example ask What DIce do you want to roll d4, d6,d8, etc then ask how many and allow a custom value. How do I do this? I tried to use the Macro Wiki but to be honest it looks like gibberish to me. Please help! If someone could make me a fill in the blank macro w/ comments on how each section works that would be awesome. Thanks for your time!
what i do is use [[ ]] any combo works in side this 1d4 1d20+3 you name it. 
I know how to do standard rolls, Im wanting a Drop down menu then a Custom value on how many dice in a Query

Edited 1510767583
I have this little macro using the default template. &{template:default} {{name=?{How Many Dice Rolled?|1}?{Die Type?|d20|d6|d10|d8|d4|d12|d100|Advantage,*2d20kh1|Disadvantage,*2d20kl1} + ?{Any Modifiers?|0} roll}} {{Result=[[?{How Many Dice Rolled?}?{Die Type?}+?{Any Modifiers?}]]}} that should give you a query for the number of dice and a dropdown for which die type, and then a query for any additional modifiers. Enjoy!
Cool just what I needed.
Question not to be a burden but is there anyway to do this in the simple template? Purely a cosmetic thing.

Edited 1510771390
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Shawn M. said: Question not to be a burden but is there anyway to do this in the simple template? Purely a cosmetic thing. Give this a shot: &{template:simple} {{normal=1}} {{rname=Rolling ?{How Many Dice Rolled?|1}?{Die Type?|d20|d6|d10|d8|d4|d12|d100|Advantage,*2d20kh1|Disadvantage,*2d20kl1}}} {{mod=?{Any Modifiers?|0}}} {{r1=[[ ?{How Many Dice Rolled?}?{Die Type?} + (?{Any Modifiers?}) ]]}}
Nice!
Thanks for everything yall!
Shawn M. said: Ok so basically I need a macro for drop down menu that will for example ask What DIce do you want to roll d4, d6,d8, etc then ask how many and allow a custom value. How do I do this? I tried to use the Macro Wiki but to be honest it looks like gibberish to me. Please help! If someone could make me a fill in the blank macro w/ comments on how each section works that would be awesome. Thanks for your time! &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{Selected|character_name}}} {{rname=Request Dice Roll}} {{description=[[?{How Many Dice Rolled?}d?{D}+?{Any Modifiers?}]]}}