Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Advanced Player Saving Throw and Ability Check Macros

Edited 1510875347
I created a pair of macros I thought I would share. These are for the 5e OGL character sheets. The macros are for Player Character Saving Throws and Ability Checks. I find that my players often have to open their sheets back up or find them because they are hidden behind other windows when we are playing to make checks. I wrote these to speed up play so they can simply click a macro on their token or macro bar and roll their Saving Throw and Ability Checks. These Macros need to go in the character sheets for each player under the abilities section macros. Do to special characters and formatting they will not work in the global macro section. Enjoy! <a href="https://pastebin.com/csim4z8t" rel="nofollow">https://pastebin.com/csim4z8t</a>

Edited 1510861720
Main thing I would recommend is to only have absolutely necessary code within the queries. If there is a commonality between options, look for a way to move that commonality outside of the query. For example your roll type query can be simplified by moving the initial {{ and =1}} outside. This could make this part of the macro simply become {{?{Roll Type?|normal|advantage|disadvantage}=1}} . Likewise you can move the {{charname=@{character_name}}} &nbsp;portion from the skill/save query and put it immediately after the query. By paying attention to what has to be inside a query versus outside, you are also able to lessen how much encoding is necessary for your macro to function.
Thanks Kyle. I worked on this code a bunch and getting the code in the right order was tricky. I will play with moving things around a bit but the good news is that it works as is. So for anyone who doesn't want to reinvent the wheel they can copy the code and use it.
Updated the Pastebin with the code changes suggested. Thanks!