Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Odd Problem with Character Abilities (3.5)

Edited 1510883451
I am having an odd problem with macros that I have created for Character Abilities on 3.5 Character Sheets. When I try to use them it returns this in the chat log This happens when I use it as a token action Or from the abilities page However, when I open the macro and use it that way it works. I really don't understand this as the macros were working fine until Yesterday. I should also mention that it seem to only be on this one character sheet that I am having the problem. Every other character sheet works fine.

Edited 1511175474
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The issue likely comes from the nested macros, since you are calling the macro from the sheet using a query (and the macro on the sheet likely contains multiple } , and | etc if using the 3.5e template) the query is actually failing due to the need to nest the offending bits of the macro. That likely didn't make much sense so take a look at  this thread for a recent explanation (best summarised in this  post ) as well as this  wiki page for more info. Also, are you using the divine or arcane section of the spells tab, it looks like divine from the macro posted but just worth checking incase you have been adding them to arcane but referencing blank divine slots ;)
Well, on the example given I was using the Divine, but it wasn't the only one that didn't work. None of them were working, including the ones the were calling from the weapons or skills. But I did figure it out last night. Apparently I had created a second character sheet with the same name and so the system failed to recognize the old character sheet. When I changed the name on the second one everything worked fine. Sorry for the confusion.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah yeah, that will do it lol. Thanks for the update and glad you got it sorted :)