Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Firefox Quantum: must try!!!!!

Title says it all. The new Firefox has made Roll20 WAY faster for me. Linking attributes on the Pathfinder character sheet used to take almost 5 seconds just to show the drop down list. Even Chrome had this problem. Now there is zero delay. Everything is faster. Give it a try.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I've been curious, since both Chrome and Firefox have been frustrating on game nights lately. I'll give it a shot, thanks.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
On my 32bit machine, not much difference. On my 64bit machine, some differance. The real test will be when in a full game of Roll20.
I ran a game with this today (me and 4 players) and had none of the frustrating ...waiting... waiting..... I saw with older versions.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
My first impression is a notable and dramatic improvement in response time. I'm withholding jusdgment until game night, which is usually when I see the biggest performanc hit.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
In my testing, loading my Cleric (~50 spells in the shaped sheet) loaded in a few seconds, compared to ~10 minutes last night on Chrome.  o.O
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This could be a... game changer. (Couldn't resist)
Gold
Forum Champion
Pretty neat how FF named their new browser model Quantum after Roll20's specialized Quantum Dice Roller. ;) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/home/quantum" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/home/quantum</a> FF Quantum (Mac) is working okay for me, with one glitch I'm seeing a lot, and one feature that changed or at least an extension that isn't currently working. 1. Glitch, on the Edit Token window, Controlled By: drop-down menu, sometimes does not render correctly. It makes a squished box on the left instead of the drop-down menu of "All Players" and the registered Player names to assign control to a token. 2. The browser has a "full screen" mode/button but it is still showing the Tabs row at the top, so the Roll20 gameplay window is not truly full screen. I had FF full screening before Quantum installed; may have been an Extension that hasn't been upgraded to Quantum-compatible yet. Anyone know? I like to fullscreen Roll20 with no exterior browser bits showing, for maximum gameplay real estate.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Currently I noticed little difference in my GURPS games but in Pathfinder, using the advanced character sheet, it loads much faster. In GURPS I am using both of the GURPS sheets but they are are far more simpler than the Pathfinder sheet and they always loaded fast. So for me it is mostly based on which system and which character sheet is being used. In all aspects like editing a token, moving tokens on a map, etc, relatively little difference wit the best improvement being on a 64 bit PC. .
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just finished my game this week. Marked improvement across the board with Quantum. I'm using the [Shaped] sheet for 5e. It opened faster, but the board also scrolled faster, bubbles popped up faster, and pages loaded much faster. I'm a convert.
I just gave it a try myself - and it's a quantum leap. Will definitely use it from now on for roll20. :-O
Bryn
Marketplace Creator
Has anyone tried the video/audio from Roll20 while in the new Quantum Firefox?
Bryn said: Has anyone tried the video/audio from Roll20 while in the new Quantum Firefox? Tried it briefly on Friday when Discord had a server crash, one player couldn't connect but I think that was an issue with his system rather than roll20, but everyone else (GM + 3 players) it worked perfect for.
My friend has a long running Pathfinder game that I am a part of, that thing used to lag my browser after leaving the app or even staying in it for a few hours so bad I'd have to fully close my browser for a minute or so then reopen it or anything and everything would start to lag like crazy, up to and including the functions of my PC, that might be on my end with my rig, but still. With the new Firefox, none of these issues, at all. Zip. Zero. Nada.
Agreed. It's very helpful.
Thanks for the tip. Let my players in my FFG SW campaign know, since some of them have historically had resource issues on Roll20.&nbsp;
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
My long term ~3 year game is getting slow and annoying... based on this I'll be trying Quantum :) thanks for the heads up community!
It's too bad there isn't a good spot for this thread in another forum.&nbsp; I'm sure non-pro members would like this information as well.
well i will be testing in two games this weekend inital feeling and reaction to basic interaction with stylish for as larger page bar" holly hell this is fast" First load time was at least 20 seconds faster :D
Is this only an issue in the pathfinder and shapes? I an playing 5E OGL sheet and never had slow downs. Sometime I got disco from the server but was rare. I do like the new FF tho.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Craven said: Is this only an issue in the pathfinder and shapes? I an playing 5E OGL sheet and never had slow downs. The Pathfinder and Shaped sheets are heavy-duty sheets fills with an abundance of features. They are considerably bulkier than the 5e OGL sheet, which has a more minimalist design aimed at decent performance.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Three of Swords said: It's too bad there isn't a good spot for this thread in another forum.&nbsp; I'm sure non-pro members would like this information as well. Could a mod move the thread to somewhere more community-accessible? Specific Use... is probably as good as any other.
This is excellent to hear.&nbsp; I will definitely be switching from Chrome to this from now on.&nbsp; Thanks all for the heads up!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
keithcurtis said: Three of Swords said: It's too bad there isn't a good spot for this thread in another forum.&nbsp; I'm sure non-pro members would like this information as well. Could a mod move the thread to somewhere more community-accessible? Specific Use... is probably as good as any other. Done. ( Leigh M. , PM me if you would like this action reversed.)

Edited 1511230306
Matt
Plus
Leigh M. said: Title says it all. The new Firefox has made Roll20 WAY faster for me. Linking attributes on the Pathfinder character sheet used to take almost 5 seconds just to show the drop down list. Even Chrome had this problem. Now there is zero delay. Everything is faster. Give it a try. My game (currently about 80 players, probably about a thousand journals) took about 47 seconds to load with the new firefox as opposed to the typical 65-75. Of course, it destroyed nearly all my extensions with the update, so I am going to go weep about the loss of Tab Mix Plus.
unfortunately i have the same issue with Quantum as I had with the previous version..as I am loading my game, I get a message popup stating that a website is slowing firefox..I had to go to the latest version of Opera for windows and so far I haven't had too many issues. I had also tried Chrome but got their Website Unresponsive message..
well my test game ended up breaking an api and some roll funcations taht did not restore untill i loaded the game with chrome and restarted the sandbox api server hopefull this was a one off will retest next game