Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Variable Target Number

I've seen a few topics having similar problems, but none of the solutions I found delving into them were applicable to my situation. Just running some preliminary tests on a ruleset. I'm trying to create a macro where it rolls a certain amount of dice and then checks them against a target number to succeed, but the value of that target number will change based on certain input, which comes in the form of two prompts you are given when using the macro. The trouble seems to be that the macro won't allow on math functions on the target number? 1d20>17  works fine 1d20>17-1+1 does not work 1d20>(17-1+1)  does not work How am I supposed to do this, exactly?
try 1d20>[[17-1+1]] use [[ ]] to evalute a number first I believe is how that works.
That did it. Thanks!