Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[L5R FFG] Open Beta Character Sheet 0.8

Edited 1512088017
Robert D.
Sheet Author
Hello, again. I've released version 0.8 of the sheet. With this release I changed the names for the files to future proof them since I'm also issuing a pull request to see if Roll20 will publish it for the general public, and I don't want to change the filenames later. Also, I found a major problem with how I'd done repeating cells, and that led to a breaking change that will wipe out exisitng repeating cells, so: BREAKING CHANGE!!!!! NAME OF ALL REPEATING VARIABLES HAVE CHANGED!!!! THIS WILL CLEAR ALL REPEATING ITEMS. MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR CAMPAIGN. DO NOT APPLY THIS SHEET TO THE ORIGINAL CAMPAIGN!!!!! I repeat: MAKE A BACKUP OF ANY CAMPAIGN BEFORE TESTING THIS SHEET! (If you don't have a game yet and haven't entered nearly 100 NPCs as I had, this doesn't apply to you.) This sheet may use sheet workers to convert the old sheet to the new, but there are a few points to note: We're testing. These work on my campaign, but always have a backup before changing the sheet. Always. Sometimes something causes a sheet worker to fail. New Features and Bug Fixes The main kata entry was missing the effects box. Added sheet workers that set the selected approach as an output in the emote when you roll a skill, technique, or weapon attack. (This isn't very optimized, but it works). Set the emotes for rolling a skill to be dumped from the translation file into variables, allowing them to be translated into other languages. The sheetworker implementation required renaming variables in repeating sections. This is a breaking change , and one that disallows sheetworkers as a coversion method. Essentially the variable names I used had the name of the repeating section contained within them, and the sheetworkers couldn't parse out any variable name. Added a note telling you how many dice you can keep on skill rolls and weapon attacks. I apologize for the repeating cell issue, but I thought it best to fix it now, when only a few of us are testing and our character catalog is still. It took me about a half hour to copy over all the data from repeating skills and techniques from all my PC after backing up the campaign and applying the new sheet to just one, from one campaign to another. I had close to 100 NPCs statted, and that took closer to six or eight hours. I had to move a lot  of spells. I recommend cloning the campaign, applying the new sheet to one, and then making it a project over time, until you have enough moved over to play. This might be a lunch hour for some of you, or a week for others. Wish List The following are on my list of features to add: Stance support. Various cosmetic polishes. API support with die modifiers. Attack, Technique/Invocation templates. Sheet Releases I'm issuing a pull request today. How to Update Yourself (As Pro): Copy the   html from github In Roll20 go to campaign settings and choose a custom character sheet. In the HTML tab paste the HTML code Copy the   css from github On Roll20 in the CSS tab paste the CSS code. Copy the  translation from github. As of this writing, the files are all the same, but ready for people to start translating them. On Roll20 in the Translation tab paste the JSON from the appropriate file. Hit save. Building the Dice Rolling Custom Tables: You will set up two tables, one called "Skill" and one "Ring". You'll upload an image for each side of the respective die, setting the weight to equal the number of sides that image has on the actual die, as per the beta document. Therefore, the Skill table looks like this: =1 =1 =2 =2 =3 =1 =2 The Ring table, on the other hand, would like this: =1 =1 =1 =1 =1 =1 Set these up like this, and with those names, and the die roller will find them without issue. Note, this is no replacement for the official die roller. I'd like to get a full API up and running at some time, but in the meantime, if you don't object to not seeing player rolls, I highly recommend the official phone app roller. It's far superior. Contribute If you appreciate what I do and want to compensate me for the many hours that I have spent building this character sheet feel free to support me on  Patreon or Paypal (paypal (at) robertjdefendi.com). Thanks so much for your support.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The sheetworker implementation required renaming variables in repeating sections. This is a breaking change , and one that disallows sheetworkers as a coversion method. Essentially the variable names I used had the name of the repeating section contained within them, and the sheetworkers couldn't parse out any variable name. I just want to say that this doesn't mean you cannot use sheet workers to convert stuff, you just need perhaps a more refined regular expression for whatever you're doing... not saying you need to do it, and I think it's perfectly fine to break stuff moving from a dev version to the final release, just wanted to mention it.
Cool. I'd be curious as to how, but no one has popped up complaining so far, so I was probably the only one with a huge impact. I'm about to start a thread asking how a working sheet worker I'm adding to the sheet actually works. I think you did most of the work I stole for it, Jakob. I'd love it if you chimed in. :)

Edited 1511714640
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Robert D. said: Cool. I'd be curious as to how, but no one has popped up complaining so far, so I was probably the only one with a huge impact. If you essentially viped all repeating sections, someone will complain and want them reverted. If nobody have so far, it just means nobody have played since your update. I did a similar thing and first response cam a week after the update(I had informed a few relevant community hubs of the changes). I changed my thing back as it was just a name typo and not that important, but I guess it can't be compared.
I've released version 0.8.1 of the sheet. With this release, I changed the name of Resilience to Endurance to match the v3.0 update. This required two variable changes and a few sheetworker changes, but they should have no effect on PCs. NPCs will convert automatically on opening, just give them a moment for the worker to run. I can't imagine why you'd have a token referencing Resilience instead of Fatigue, but if you did, you'd have to redirect the token at some point. However, it's always a good idea to: MAKE A BACKUP OF ANY CAMPAIGN BEFORE TESTING THIS SHEET! This sheet may use sheet workers to convert the old sheet to the new, but there are a few points to note: We're testing. These work on my campaign, but always have a backup before changing the sheet. Always. Sometimes something causes a sheet worker to fail. New Features and Bug Fixes Moved this sheet to its own branch so I could issue a pull request. Changed Resilience to Endurance. That's a derivative stat on PCs, so the new variable change will be invisible there. Changed sheetworkers based on resilience variables to look at endurance instead. Added a sheetworker to convert NPC_Resilience, which isn't a derivative stat. This will run once, the first time an NPC is opened.
I have issued a pull request, so hopefully non-pro users will be able to access the sheet before too terribly long. This is my first, so I don't know how many weeks those take.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
The devs goes through pull request and accepts them every Tuesday American time, and changes go live 4-24h later usually.
I'm more concerned with mistakes on my end. This is my second attempt. :)