Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] Spell Macro with advantage/disadvantage

Edited 1511270303
Hey all, I'm trying to create a macro where I can choose normal/disadvantage/advantage for a spell. This is with the community contributed 5e sheet. I've discovered the way to do it with a dropdown selection for normal/advantage/disadvantage in the following macro: &{template:5eDefault}{{multiattack=1}} {{spell=1}} {{title=Eldritch Blast}}{{subheader=@{Mia Crimson|character_name}}} {{subheaderright=Evocation Cantrip}} {{subheader2= }}{{mattack1=[[[[ ?{Attack Type|Standard, 1d20|Advantage, 2d20kh1|Disadvantage, 2d20kl1} ]] + @{Mia Crimson|charisma_mod} + @{Mia Crimson|PB} + (@{Mia Crimson|global_spell_attack_bonus})]]}}{{mdamage1=[[1d10 + @{Mia Crimson|charisma_mod} + 0 + (@{Mia Crimson|global_spell_damage_bonus}) + 0d0]] Force}} {{mattackcancrit1=1}} {{mcritdamage1==[[1d10]] Force}}{{mattack2=[[1d20 + @{Mia Crimson|charisma_mod} + @{Mia Crimson|PB} + (@{Mia Crimson|global_spell_attack_bonus})]]}} 0 0 {{mdamage2=[[1d10 + @{Mia Crimson|charisma_mod} + 0 + (@{Mia Crimson|global_spell_damage_bonus}) + 0d0]] Force}} {{mattackcancrit2=1}} {{mcritdamage2=[[1d10]] Force}}{{spellshowdesc=1}} {{spelldescription=A beam of crackling energy streaks toward a creature within range. Make a ranged spell attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 1d10 force damage.}} But the result doesn't show the 2 rolls, it only has the result of the keep/drop. It looks like this: You can see it says "Rolling 17..." where the 17 is the advantage result from the 2d20kh1. I'm trying to recreate this look where it shows the 2 rolls separately with the undesired roll grayed out: I have been able to get 2 rolls in by using this macro: &{template:5eDefault}{{multiattack=1}} {{spell=1}} {{title=Eldritch Blast (HBC)}}{{subheader=@{Mia Crimson|character_name}}} {{subheaderright=Evocation Cantrip}} {{subheader2= }}{{mattack1=[[1d20cs>19 + @{Mia Crimson|charisma_mod} + @{Mia Crimson|PB} + (@{Mia Crimson|global_spell_attack_bonus})]]}}{{mattack1adv=[[1d20cs>19 + @{Mia Crimson|charisma_mod} + @{Mia Crimson|PB} + (@{Mia Crimson|global_spell_attack_bonus})]]}}{{mdamage1=[[1d10 + @{Mia Crimson|charisma_mod} + 0 + (@{Mia Crimson|global_spell_damage_bonus}) + @{Mia Crimson|PB}]] Force}} {{mattackcancrit1=1}} {{mcritdamage1=[[1d10]] Force}}{{mattack2=[[1d20cs>19 + @{Mia Crimson|charisma_mod} + @{Mia Crimson|PB} + (@{Mia Crimson|global_spell_attack_bonus})]]}} {{mattack2adv=[[1d20cs>19 + @{Mia Crimson|charisma_mod} + @{Mia Crimson|PB} + (@{Mia Crimson|global_spell_attack_bonus})]]}} 0 0 {{mdamage2=[[1d10 + @{Mia Crimson|charisma_mod} + 0 + (@{Mia Crimson|global_spell_damage_bonus}) + @{Mia Crimson|PB}]] Force}} {{mattackcancrit2=1}} {{mcritdamage2=[[1d10]] Force}}{{spellshowdesc=1}} {{spelldescription=A beam of crackling energy streaks toward a creature within range. Make a ranged spell attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 1d10 force damage.}} This macro shows 2 rolls inline, but one is not grayed out like above and it isn't a dropdown with selection for the 3 types of rolls, just a straight 2 rolls. This looks like the pic below: Is there any way to get the first macro to actually display advantage/disadvantage and gray out the undesired roll like you can do with weapons? While the above works, it means I need 4 different macros (normal EB, advantage EB, Hexblade EB, advantage Hexblade EB) and it would be cool to consolidate. Also, most importantly, it would make it clear to the DM and other players how the roll was done.
The mulit-attack template is probably your best bet. The greyed out number thing is cool, but won't work with multi-attack. The community sheet has some great features but alas it is no longer being updated and some of the features don't apply everywhere they could.