Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] D&D5e

Edited 1513235051
Hello everyone, I'm looking to join a 5e group to have some adventures and fun. A little bit about myself first. I'm 33 years old, from Portugal and I've been roleplaying for 15 years and have experience with a few systems aside D&D.I play roleplaying games to have fun as you might expect although I prefer them to be more geared towards power fantasy than gritty reality (I got real life for that already :P). What I'm looking for in the campaign is that it's one where the DM actually follows the rules on the book, doesn't minds if the characters are powerful because they have been properly planed, the characters won't be starved for resources (be it money or magic items, in other words a high magic setting) and the setting doesn't uses sanity systems or critical failure systems and such. I also like when all players are locked to the same XP as I am not a fan of some player getting ahead of others for whatever reason. I also expect the game not to be railroaded and to have a mix of combat and roleplay, about 40% combat to 60% roleplay would be a good ratio. The game I'm looking for shouldn't require webcam (I don't have one) and should be voice and cannot use roll20 voice as I need to be able to use push to talk. Now for the last but of equal importance part. My availabillity. I have all days of the week available except for Sundays. I can start playing anywhere from 7pm to 11pm GMT (this is starting time, not ending time, I can end a game around 3 or 4 am no problem but would like to start at worst 11 pm). Thank you for your time. PS: Not looking for pay to play games, I will only ever join if the game is free.
Bump.
Bump.
Madame Architect
Marketplace Creator
Is your time zone EST or PST or....?
GMT, pardon me, I thought I had that in the post but I've rectified it now.
Madame Architect
Marketplace Creator
Sending you a PM
Still looking.
Bump.
Bump.
I could do this
Well if you do make a game then do give me a howler as I'd be very interested.
Bump.
I'd be interested to give it a go. Bit of a newbie, but i'm open to try and learn
Just to be sure, you are volunteering for DMing right?
Hey Elhazzared! I am currently planing on DMing a game Thursdays at 7PM Eastern Standard Time, ado i am on GMT-2 and the game would start 10PM for me (I am from Brazil so we both understand some Portuguese ^^). Currently there is only one player on the game and needs to be fill with more. - So far the plan is that on next Thursday (day 14) we will do a session 0, were everyone will talk about classes, races, motivations, personality traits and stuff.  - I am aiming on a High Magic game, we will be using Hero Array (18,16,14,12,10,10). My style is a combination of stories of playing a lot of Pathfinder and D&D. So expect some mixture of the lore, ado you are not oblige to know Forgotten Realms of D&D and Golarion from Pathfinder, like the palm of your hand. - When it comes of the books, i wanna keep things simple so i am limiting only to the use of the UA Revised Ranger. - I believe on the 33%/33%/33% division between Roleplay, Combat and Exploration. - Lastly i am 29 years old and i do put some mature themes in my games, but i never make things gritty like Game of Thrones, were no matter what decision you make you always lose something, but a world where there is tough decisions, but there is the good path and the bad path. If you are interested PM me. :)
Still looking since the time schedule didn't worked out.
Edited as I now also have fridays available.
Bump.
Bump and edited so that offers with pay to play games stop showing.
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Bump.
Howdy doodles! I don't hit all the items on your list but I do cover most of them, so I will extend an offer. We run multiple groups inside the same homebrewed world and we are in need of one more player for one of our groups. We just finished a campaign and are starting a second campaign. The group is a heavy roleplaying group, with more interest in storytelling and RP than combat (Maybe 20% combat 80% RP?). The style of campaign will be a mystery adventure and sessions will be at 6:30pm CST every other Saturday night beginning next week. Sessions are recorded and streamed to youtube every week. We Use Discord and don't require webcams . I will post links below so you can find out more information about our campaign, world, and introduction to the group's story. As far as my dm'ing style, I don't starve the players for resources, but normally they're so engaged with the story and beats of the action, their characters forget about looting the vault they just discovered or the magical necklace the villain left behind because they'd rather chase the culprit and uncover his schemes. So they do end up being on the more starved side of gear. I hate critical fails and only use them for NPCs. I do grant experience and the biggest experience difference between players that I will grant will be between 50~150xp at most. Experience is a good motivator for attendance.&nbsp; LFG Listing: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75390/ilderon-tales" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75390/ilderon-tales</a> World Wiki: <a href="http://ilderon.wikia.com/wiki/Ilderon_Wiki" rel="nofollow">http://ilderon.wikia.com/wiki/Ilderon_Wiki</a> Campaign Introduction: <a href="https://drive.google.com/open?id=13W6XHo8T79aIRVLTy2649NXzFwvmapzsz4z9mYqKmIk" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/open?id=13W6XHo8T79aIRVLTy2649NXzFwvmapzsz4z9mYqKmIk</a> Youtube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-T0QwXafm9n0BuJyoaLd1w" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-T0QwXafm9n0BuJyoaLd1w</a>
Thank you for your answer. While I am interested I'll have to voice some concerns before I go ahead and apply. First being the experience factor. I understand is your DMing style, but I hate XP differences, when a character starts to fall back on XP because either his roleplay wasn't great or maybe his character personally isn't setup in a way that naturally develops as much roleplay as others or sometimes his skill set is just less useful than others so it gets a lot less chances to shine, those characters will start falling back in XP. It starts by being behind a level for a session or two and then it just keeps increasing and I find that to be unfair and the most demotivating thing and reason why many players quit games and reason why more and more DMs are switching to the milestone system. This is a worry for me because if say I play a rogue and have a DM that gives me plenty of opportunities to sneak around and act as a scout/spy/thief then I'll get huge amounts of roleplay. On the other hand if I play a barbarian who likes fighting and getting drunk, roleplay opportunities will lower drastically. As such I would not join a game which uses what I consider an unfair XP system. Not only this demoralises players and make them less likely to even want to play in the first place (in my experience anyway) but the actual level difference in the party makes any possible fights they get into be very unbalanced given that there is a level gap and even a single level can at times be a massive difference. As far as the party being starved for resources because they chose to take the roleplay approuch. Now I personally would chose to just go for the stuff. Of course it is bad roleplay to ignore the threat and let it get away over getting loot unless you are like a dwarf and only think of gold of course, but in general players shouldn't have to chose between getting the stuff they need or uncover clues or get the culprit. One gives them the right kind of roleplay but denies them their just rewards while the other gives them their just rewards but often does not makes up for a sensible choice. This is a mistake that many roleplaying games already make with options they give characters, they force to chose between what is good and what looks cool but is bad. Every option a player choses should always carry a reward of equal value, that is how balance is archieved. Lastly about you recording things for youtube. I don't have a problem with it, I'll not be using webcam since I don't have one, however as I mentioned earlier, I like to stick to rules. I don't have a problem with changing a rule when it beneficts players, but I have if it penelises the players. To give you an example, once I set my character in front of another character that was in a doorway, my character was a caster and needed to be in the room for the line of sight. Now I set it up like that because I knew that character can move through non hostile creature spaces and the enemies moved very slowly. When it was time to retreat behind the other character the DM said I couldn't move through that space cause the character blocked the passage even though the rules specifically state otherwise. This is my problem with not following the rules. I will do something that is perfectly sensible and that turns out to be a "mistake" later on because the DM changed the rules. Now the reason I mention this is because if you want to upload stuff for youtube, I imagine the last thing you want is to have a rules discussion going on in the vid. I am polite when pointing out the rule because sometimes it's just a mistake and DMs are willing to use the correct rule, but when they don't either it starts a rule discussion or I leave the group. Both things not wanted in a youtube vid. So let me hear your thoughts on that and we'll see if this is a good fit for me or not. Thanks.
Bump.