Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A Running Merchant Approaches!

Edited 1511408704
Matt
Plus
Several Guild members are enjoying an evening bonfire in the cool autumnal air not far from the Guild Hall. Many strange travelers and employers have stopped by the hall on numerous occasions, but one in particular piques the interest of the observing Guildies. It seems to be a rotund avian figure, jogging at considerable speed toward the Guild and bafflingly wearing excellent-quality footwear. She makes a very wide circle around the bonfire with the spit of meat roasting over it and bounds up the steps into the Guild Hall. "WHEW!" she announces loudly, "I thought they had me that time! Mind if I stay here for a bit?" Without waiting for a response, she saunters up to the bar and asks for some bread. "Oh, sorry," she says as she recognizes the strange looks she is getting from around the room, "the name's Gobbler the Cobbler, and 'round this time of year people all over the place go crazy! They start chasing me down with this look in their eyes like they want to eat me. Me! Can you imagine?! How silly is that?! Anyway, everyone around here is scared shirtless by you folks, saying you're a bunch of crazy murderers and whatnot, so they won't chase me in here." The Guild members see the change of expression on her face as it suddenly dawns on her that running from one group of psychotic killers to a larger, even more murder-happy group may not have been her brightest idea ever. "Well, of course you guys... you would never..." She catches the hungry look in the eyes of some of the more unscrupulous Guildies, and quickly adds in "SAY! Did I tell you folks that I'm a world-renowned shoemaker?! The name's not just for show! It's for shoe!" she chuckles nervously to herself. "If you guys let me stay the weekend here and give me a room away from those other crazy-eyed cretins out there, I'll make you some fantastic footwear for a fair fee!" Provided you do not eat her, this merchant will sell you any magical foot slot item up to level 20 at 60% of the list price (so 40% discount). Please post/RP your purchases below! (The merchant will leave Monday, November 27 at 23:59 Pacific time .)
Katarina slips into the shoemaker's quarters in the late hours of evening, easily sliding through the wall and glancing around. She didn't need boots to make her faster, she needed something different. Luckily, she was well trained in identifying magical items, and a short while later she slipped back through the wall carrying a pair of eladrin boots, leaving behind a small pouch containing a pair of astral diamonds and assorted gemstones. Eladrin Boots: Normal Cost: 45,000, discounted cost: 27,000
For honor and glory and (looks over both shoulders making sure no one is around...) Lets face it... I just like poking things with my lance... Take your gold. Boots of the Mighty Charge: Normal Cost: 5,000, discounted cost: 3000

Edited 1511470775
"Turkey doesn't even taste that great..." A masked woman walks up to the Turkey, "Who called us "a bunch crazy murderers" ? And more importantly where can I find these people ?" After realizing that the Turkey is scared, LaFort decided to plan Revenge at another time. "Anyway, I am pretty confident that you are gonna be able to leave the guild again with... most... of your limbs." LaFort glanced over to the more unscrupulous Guildies. It really seemed like today the worst people were hungry at the worst time. May as well benefit as long as the Turkey is still alive. "I would like to have some better boots and just try to stay away from these guys over there. They dont represent the Guild at their finest." Wallwalkers: Normal Cost: 5,000, discounted cost: 3000 After that LaFort grabbed some Snacks from the Bar and walked into a Corner, where she seemed to pet a Spider that had weaved its net there.
A soft chill fills the air as Artisica the Pale Eladrin newcomer to the guild approaches. "You sir promise that you can make boots what about retread what I already have. These boots have seen me through many a problem and I wouldn't want some lesser being screwing them up but... I'm in dire straits at the moment and you are all that is around." Sitting down gently he will pull off some boots that have definetly seen there share of travel. What was once obviously Eladrin make with more than a touch of art worked into the crafting was now falling apart into pieces of leather. The stitching gone with holes in the heels. Pulling off one last golden ring with a brilliant yellow diamond off his finger. "This is the last of my money till this forsaken place decides to bless with a job as they promised. Should you make off with my boots I will hunt you down." With that he will hand off the ring and the boots to the Gobbler Cobbler.  Eladrin Boots: Normal Cost: 45,000, discounted cost: 27,000
Xelthix will look up from the flames he had been rolling around in his hand. He will then shift to his feat with a simple yet practiced grace. Throwing the Flames from one hand to the next he will move silently toward Gobbler. Standing off to the side he will wait till the line of others has passed before moving in. With a nervous look around he will reach into his pouch and pull out a handful of Platinum and Gold. He will set it down and with a whisper. "I hope this is enough good sir I'm looking for some boots that can help me when the going gets tough. Something that will help me stay light on my feat and just a step ahead of those trying to harm me. If you could work this symbol into the leather as well it would be appreciated. Boots of the Fencing Master 2600gp 1560 after discount
Mirrakkah wonders about the practicality of footwear with her low funds. The story of the golden goose floats through her head - perhaps imprisoning the turkey in a castle or guild dungeon, forcing it to make shoes? But those stories always ended badly for the evildoer and the angel of the Traveler  has no time to keep watch on such a magical bird. She walks up and purchases Acrobat Boots for 312 gold(520*.6), revealing nothing of her thoughts.
Fives drops her ratty, old sneakers in front of the turkey and asks for replacements in this size. L12 Feystep Lacings, Normal Cost: 13000, Discounted Cost: 7800
Tifamyra asks the Gobbler to aid her getting on top of people so that she can go harder on them LV12 Assault Boots, Cost: 13000, Price: 7800

Edited 1511666331
Aiyala knew what it was like to be hunted. To be thought of as food. This odd bird and her shared something in common. Her eyes locked onto a pair of boots she had only heard rumors about, deep within the temples. She put down what was rest of her gold for a pair of Level 9 Boots of Leaping. Normally 4200 gold, now just 2520 gold.

Edited 1511714561
His hunger sated after his dinch (a combination of dinner and brunch), Izera notices he has become slowed. A curse? Has he just got old? Aftereffects of adventuring with Tennis? Maybe it's just his worn down loafers and that talking turkey offers really good deals. These even look like they could give him a boost! Izera skips away, immediately utilizing his new boots. Boots of the Fencing Master at 2600gp going down to 1560 after discount
Briefly reconsidering his plans to eat the talking bird, Dorn relents at the pleading look in its beady eyes and settles for a pair of fresh new kicks. L12 Greaves of Maldeen, Normal Cost: 13000, Discounted Cost: 7800
Kevla will whistle a merry tune as he makes his way toward the Gobbler with a skip in his step. "Good Sir or should I say Gobbler? Cobbler? Turkey? I'm I've never talked to a Turkey before you say you craft footwear I don't think I've ever talked to a Cobbler either. How is it being a Turkey? Do you have adventures? What about Princesses? Are there Turkey Dragons? What about ......" Kevla will babble on as he tends to do for a while before getting to the point. "Oh Yeah I need some boots something to help me help my friends you know I'm always a step to slow something to help me get into the thick of it before someone else manages to rescue the princess and slay the dragon you know" Boots of Eagerness Normal cost 4200 Discount 2520 
Drogon burst into the room to greet the cobbler. His eyes filled with hunger as he licks his lips and drool drips off his fangs. You are so very lucky I am in need of your services...There is nothing better than fried turkey.... In exchange for your continued safety, I am in need of some footwear.  Butterfly Sandals (Paragon Tier), Normal Cost 13000, Discounted 7800