Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character Sheet Macro Creation Question?

So I want to make a Character sheet that has all the Macros I want in it so that I can just import it from game to game without having to set up all the macros again. However I'm having some difficulty and I have some images to show what I mean:  Imgur . I have a campaign that I play with friends where I've set up at least 50 macros, and they work with having stacking macros on the Character sheet and the Actual Singular macros in the Macro/Table tab; this works with no problems. As you can see in the first image, If I roll the "Dexterity"  stacking macro in the Character Sheet  it gives me all the options for dexterity skill checks in the chat as buttons; the stacking macro references macros in the Macro/Tables Tab,  and when I click "Acrobatics" button in chat it rolls the "Acrobatics" macro from the Macro Tab. This is how it's set up and it work fine. My Problem is in the 2nd image and I have 2 main problems:  I cannot seem to figure out how to have a macro just reference the character for which sheet it's on without writing down the the character's name for every @{character|attribute}  I need the Stacking Macro to Reference Macros in the Character Sheet not the Macro/Tables Tab (Second image Green and Red) For automatically outputting the name written on the character sheet I've only found 1 attribute related to it which is  charname_output :  {{charname=@{character_name}}} which works for titling and stuff. However @{character_name} only seems to work for titling and not for @{character_name|athletics_bonus} for instance. In the 2nd image you see [[1d20+{athletics_bonus}]] and that did not seem to work either as when rolled it ignores the athletics_bonus which is  "2"  meaning the output should be " Rolling 1d20+2 = (whatever)". So ya, I'm at a bit of a loss here. (Second image Blue) As you can see in the 2nd image the Stacking Macro works Fine in terms of making the buttons appear, however when the button is clicked it outputs "#Athletics" , my assumption is that the line "{{description= [Athletics](!
#Athletics)}}" is made to reference macros in the Macro/Tables Tab and not from the Character Sheet. How do I make the Stacking Macro reference another macro inside the same character sheet? If you want to know why I use macros and don't just click the things accordingly in my character sheet which will do all the work for me is that I simply do not like opening my character sheet; having to constantly open my character sheet and look for things I prefer to just have everything nice and neat on  one bar  .  Thank you to anyone who reads this and can help. - Colin

Edited 1511492305
(Second image Green and Red) Fixed I'm an idiot its just  [[1d20+@{athletics_bonus}]] (Second image Blue)  Still stuck  {{description= [Athletics](!
#Athletics)}}  still doesn't seem to work and I'm assuming it is because #Athletics is a macro whereas the "macro" in the character sheet is technically an ability. So how do you make a stacking macro reference an ability?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It’s hard to tell because of the compression on the image, but do you have 
 ?   It looks like you’re missing the trailing ;

Edited 1511497920
Ha, ye. thanks for replying, but I managed to figure everything out. It became clear once I realised I was trying to use API Command Buttons for something that needed the use of Ability Command Buttons so ya everything is sorted.