Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Elemental Adept Feat Macro

Hello all. I have a an EK that has jsut taken the Elemental Adept feat and I am trying to find a way to emulate the art of the feat where 1's are treated as 2's. Now my character has Great Weapon Fighting as a fighting style so I am using this for his great sword rolls: 2d6ro<2 Now I know the Ro means to reroll if less than two, however if for example I initally roll a 1 it can possible reroll a 1. I am looking for a way for all ones to be counted as 2's
You have two ways to do this. 1) Create a rollable table with the values 2 through X and give the value 2 a weight of 2. This essentially doubles the change to get a two on a roll. The nice thing about this is that you can then simply use [[Xt[table-name]]] anywhere the feat would apply for the player. 2) You can use {dX, 2}kh1 in place of a single die roll. Unfortunately in order to do this for multiple die rolls it will need to be added for each roll. In your example [[2d6]] this would become [[{d6,2}kh1+{d6,2}kh1]]
I tried [[{d6,2}kh1+{d6,2}kh1]] but I get error "Cannot mix sum and M rolls in a roll group"
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I'm a fan of Evan G.'s method for handling elemental adept.
Fishyninja said: I tried [[{d6,2}kh1+{d6,2}kh1]] but I get error "Cannot mix sum and M rolls in a roll group" Rright sorry, you will need to change 2 to 2+0d0. Sorry about that.
Aweosme I think that works so what does the 0d0 do to the Macro?
Fishyninja said: Aweosme I think that works so what does the 0d0 do to the Macro? It is not possible to compare a dice result (d6) to a flat number(2), the 0d0 acts to turn the flat number into a dice result so that you can compare the numbers to each other.
Fantastic, the more you know!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kyle G. said: Fishyninja said: Aweosme I think that works so what does the 0d0 do to the Macro? It is not possible to compare a dice result (d6) to a flat number(2), the 0d0 acts to turn the flat number into a dice result so that you can compare the numbers to each other. Nice trick!