Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

A Macro to run the selected tokens Saves

This is the macro as I've got it currently: &{template:default} {{name=Saves}} {{STR=[[1d20+@{selected|strength_save_bonus}]]} {{DEX=[[1d20+@{selected|dexterity_save_bonus}]]}} {{CON=[[1d20+@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}]]}} {{INT=[[1d20+@{selected|intelligence_save_bonus}]]}} {{WIS=[[1d20+@{selected|wisdom_save_bonus}]]}} {{CHA=[[1d20+@{selected|charisma_save_bonus}]]}} When I run it, though it says "no character was found for 'selected'" Can someone help me troubleshoot it?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Do you have a token selected that represents a character?
Yes. If I try without selecting a token I get a different error message: "You attempted to use a roll command looking for the value of a selected token, but no tokens are selected."
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Right, but does the selected token represent a character with those attributes?
Okay, so the token I was testing on I had forgotten to set it to represent a character. Seems obvious now, thanks. Now when I run it, I don't get an error, but it just displays the name of the Macro and doesn't do any rolls.
Got it to work. It's now: &{template:default} {{name=Saves}} {{Str= [[1d20+@{selected|strength_save_bonus}]]}} {{Dex= [[1d20+@{selected|dexterity_save_bonus}]]}} {{Con= [[1d20+@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}]]}} {{Int= [[1d20+@{selected|intelligence_save_bonus}]]}} {{Wis= [[1d20+@{selected|wisdom_save_bonus}]]}} {{Cha= [[1d20+@{selected|charisma_save_bonus}]]}}
I don't know why it works now, but didn't work before, but I guess at least now it's workin
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Great!  Glad you got it working.  I have no idea why the capital vs. capitalized would make a difference.  I wouldn't think that it would.